D40 money sucking piece of shit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shooooooot
That post would have to make you the quote king. He he.

As an old friend of mine said.
"Cars, can't live without em, can't burn em for the insurance".

Shooooooot
That post would have to make you the quote king. He he.

As an old friend of mine said.
"Cars, can't live without em, can't burn em for the insurance".

hahaha... thats great!! well its must be better then a post whore :hmmmm2: isnt it :dontknow:

The way I see it that wanderers Navara is used the most cos its the better vehicle , well used and abused lol

I like the bit where it got flooded ,,operator error nah piece of sh1t Nissan lol

Wouldnt happen to a Puslux as it would have gotten that far to get its feet even wet lol

Just for the record my Nav still isn't a heap of junk and still hasn't cost me anything other than servicing costs and running costs. Stupid money sucking piece of shit it is.

Just for the record my Nav still isn't a heap of junk and still hasn't cost me anything other than servicing costs and running costs. Stupid money sucking piece of shit it is.

now now Krafty just because yours hasnt cost you money doesnt mean that all the others havent broken down leaving the dealership, yours must be the only one that is still going......... after all they are all junk!! even accountants know that!!:sarcastic:

My nav D40 2007 brought new 50k km new brakes and rotars and tyers,
100k km clutch and now at 110k km timing chain needs doing after checking it $1500 to do myself .compare it to a 2007 pj ranger I got New as well, only done pad change on 3 rd set of tyers now and its for 180k .km plus no other issues at at .Btw ranger is work Ute with over 700kg+ weight and navara is running empty as its a family wagon .comeon Nissan that shit I will never buy another nissan . Just my opinion.

My nav D40 2007 brought new 50k km new brakes and rotars and tyers,
100k km clutch and now at 110k km timing chain needs doing after checking it $1500 to do myself .compare it to a 2007 pj ranger I got New as well, only done pad change on 3 rd set of tyers now and its for 180k .km plus no other issues at at .Btw ranger is work Ute with over 700kg+ weight and navara is running empty as its a family wagon .comeon Nissan that shit I will never buy another nissan . Just my opinion.

mate if you have serviced the ute at the proper intervals Nissan will do the Timing chain under "GOOD WILL" as they have done for so many others on the forum, then you can sell it and buy another RANGER so you can rid your self of the troublesome shit box

my friend has a pj ranger with 130000ks and just shat a gearbox so i guess thats a money sucking piece of shit too then and every time it rains the driver's side foot well fill's up with water.

I still can't fault my Nav. Keep in mind it is not a D40 but I have put 40k on it and the only problem I have had was the negative terminal clamp lost its grip. Being that it is a 1998 model and has a full service history (thank you previous owners) the only things I have had to replace were the rear gearbox mount, centre bearing, tie rods and CV shaft BOOTS. That is all general wear and tear. The centre bearing was my doing with rough 4x4ing and dropping of the clutch as well. Still the best car I have ever owned. Even better than my Hilux!

I still can't fault my Nav. Keep in mind it is not a D40 but I have put 40k on it and the only problem I have had was the negative terminal clamp lost its grip

Take the bloody thing back, Nissan should not be supplying vehicles with flaccid battery terminals. Obviously there's not enough in the engine bay to spark some excitement in it and keep it nice and firm.

Well, I like plenty of others on this forum have a 4yo D40 & no they're not a piece of shit, they're a damn good machine. Sorry to hear you're having issues but your big mistake was going to Nissan in the first place. You want something done properly go to someone who knows what they're doing. I learned that quick smart after I bought mine. MAF sensors should be cleaned regularly, did mine the other day. To not do so with a performance chip in will stress your engine & suck the power out of it plus increase your fuel consumption. How old was your car when you had the chip put in? Shouldn't be done in a new car. A 2 3/4in mandrel bent exhaust helps efficiently remove hot exhaust gases & takes the pressure off the manifold. If you shy away from CRD's that will limit you incredibly. I know of plenty of toyotas that have had issues, same thing could happen there too.

I think the thing wanderer has to realise is that this being a nissan centric forum any bashing of nissan will be met with contempt, like if he said that on newhilux.net he would be met with praise and pats on the back cause 98% of the guys on there have this illusion the D40 is cursed and the D22 will grenade so all of them should be driven off the nearest cliff, such a stupid attitude to have when you see them like the next day posting that something in their lux has broken but still has legendary reliability or some bs....

I don't know about you guys but I have never had any major problems with any of my cars (about 5 now) and I just treat them really well so I am convinced it is nearly always user error that is the cause or you may fall in the very very small percentage where its just bad luck.

Of course there is some diehard Nissan fanatics on this forum who think the only badge to have on a car is a Nissan badge and that anything else somehow fails in comparison but there are some of us who also realise that all manufacturers make lemons (and some that just like to shit stir).

The hope is that when buying a new car you don't pick up the lemon but the law of averages says someone has to and lemons are not manufacturer specific. However classing all of one make in the same class as one lemon simply because of a badge is naive. Yota's aren't all shit but they've had their issues, Mitsu's are all shit but they've had issues, issues are not brand specific. If a person has issues, major or minor, that sucks but making stupid and wild accusations because of one case makes the person look like a complete dick and one worthy of lumping shit on.

I've never had any major issues in my cars in 20 odd years, the worst was an engine rebuild on a second hand car I knew about when I brought and bargained sufficiently to cover, other than that my cars have never cost me more than general running costs. In fact this money sucking piece of shit Nav is the only car I have owned that I ever needed a warranty claim on and that was only for peeling paint on the steering wheel, hardly a big concern. I too think it comes down to the way they are treated, the problem is that each person has a different opinion of what treating a car well is about and therefore some get really shitty when they are told that user error contributed to an issue because in their mind their treatment couldn't have possibly caused anything.

I have owned a few cars in my time and i have to say that the two best 4x4s i have ever owned is an 88 landcruiser which went through hell rough as guts slow as a wet week but reliable 750k no major repairs except front diff an a replace clutch at about 500k. Finally met its match in the 2011 floods in a water crossing.

Second is hands down the navara D40 only thing i can fault is the front travel in the ifs but that is soon to be sorted with a sas job and the other is not being able to drive it enough. I drive my cars one way and one way only like i stole it and if there cannot handle it they are not worth a pinch of shit to me.

My nav is a manual and i brought it second hand and it has been punished on any track i can find and it also is used a a ute to cut and retrive fire wood with a 12x6 trailor load to the hilt plus the back choc a block well of 3 tonne. obviously not driven on the road in that state but it walks away with it.

it has done this work for well over 2 years and the only problem i have had is a blocked radiator which was sorted 1 week after buying the vehicle.

absolutley love Navara d40s and i will probably never buy another 4x4 other then nissan

I've had enough, I'm really pissed off, I've had it with my D40.

Went away on the weekend and the bloody D40 didn't break down at all. Nothing went wrong, nothing fell off and the fuel economy was reasonable.

The bloody clutch worked everytime I used it. Used the heater AND aircon and they both worked.

I'm sick of it, I have nothing to complain about. :-(

Latest posts

Back