D40 or d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subz123

Reaction score
Ok boys ive got a question ive been shopping around and i asked a few boys that know what there talking about i wanna sell my d22 zd30 and buy a d40 spainsh build wi th 140kw motor
Obviously i wont keep the d40 as stand keep in mind in gonna modifiy it
So what use reackon is it a right decision today .
Be has honest has you can lol
Cherrs. Sabz

Have i read this before?
D40 mate, go with yourD40 because that's what you want.
Nobody is going to be able to change your mind.
Isn't your nav only brand new?

Nope that was for a friend MANNING but i do have a d22 zd30 had it for a year now done the works to it but i find it bit old and stuff ive done 250k on the clock
I like to do alot of touring and off road but still need a ute for work thats why I was asking what the d40 boys think of there utes off road i know u have a machine seen the pic very nice.
How is there performance off road

I just like to know the boys thoughts on the d40 off road i really like them and i need to upgrade

Mike i havent but just wanna know how they perform and that will give me my answer

Ive giving it the green light for comfort and fuel economy just wanna know how they are off road

We wouldn't all have d40's if they didn't go off road well mate. We aren't land rover drivers you know ;)

Seem to get bogged alot. But thats probably just the person behind the wheel. Pulled out 3 d40s last weekend

My D40 is great off road, unless you're trying to go through somewhere that needs 35's and 6 inch lift. For beach and touring it's brilliant. I haven't done any rock crawling or mud work so I wouldn't know.

As long as you sort the clearance out, I would say D40's are excellent. If you are towing alot, get an auto...

My D40 is great off road, unless you're trying to go through somewhere that needs 35's and 6 inch lift. For beach and touring it's brilliant. I haven't done any rock crawling or mud work so I wouldn't know.
A lifted d40 loves the mud!!! But i hate cleaning it afterwards

mine goes everyehere i want it too, and surprises me sometimes, only times ive been stuck is because of the retard driving,

only got a 2 inch lift and A/T tyres in the stock 30 inch size and its been great

ive got the 2011 stx 140kw motor, I came from a torsion bar hilux, haven't looked back in terms of 4wd ability. took my hilux up the cape went good. personally I prefer coil over front ends, much better handling. but I love the upgrade in power. tows my 2T boat like a dream. and im still running the soft turbo pie and standard exhaust. upgrade the intercooler and exhaust plus a tune. will be a power house being 140kw and 500nm u can imagine what it will go up to.

I'm running 275/65/17, next on the list is a 2" lift, ass is sagging a bit since the canopy and extra weight in the tub.

Suspension bloke told me that I don't have much play left in the alignment since the wider tyres, and if I go for a lift he can make it go straight but at a sacrifice of some tyre wear. He told me upgraded UCA's will solve the issue, which we all know from these forums, but I thought a 2" lift would be fine without needing to modify anything else. Or is this because of the wider tyres?

X

For on road and off i always go off next trip to cape york in july

Might see u there! I'm doing the Cape also, July next year along with my two best mates in there d22s. we are all taking are dads along with us should be an adventure and a half and something to remember can't wait

Latest posts

Back