D40 - Pro vent 200 install locations

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grasshopper

Reaction score
Folks,
I am looking for pics and descriptions of where those of you with a D40 have installed a Pro Vent 200 Catch Can (or identical). No other models or smaller sizes please.

I'm asking because I have that model of catch can and need to sort out how and where to mount it. (money already spent buying it... time to install it)

Pics of brackets made would also be very welcome.

Cobez is working on posting up his pics of his install, maybe there are others that have done the same install in a diff location in the engine bay - who knows unless i ask?

Dont stress mate, ill have some up soon. Just got home from Thornton. Ill get outside soon and take a few pics for ya. Just sitting down for a few minutes and enjoying the air con.

F**k its hot lol

Cobez, Not putting any pressure on you for pics. Just looking for info on my options for the location. My first two ideas seem to be difficult to make happen... so I am looking for info on how others made it fit in with the same limited space.

I'm looking at mounting mine behind the bull bar. There is a heap of room there (mine is still siting on the shelf. Slack barstard I know:) That spot up by the passenger side fire wall is handy and easy but I'm reserving it for a fuel water separator.

Another reason. I'm thinking behind the bull bar that's it out in a cooler environment and may provide better condensation of oil mist. Long pipe run tho so they will have to be a good sized diameter.

Here ya go mate

Attachments

• image-743925215.jpg
    image-743925215.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 767
  • image-4229797099.jpg
    image-4229797099.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 737
Degreaser and mop it out with a rag. WD40 (will dilute the oil) and mop it out with a rag. Or just mop it out with a rag...

Awwwwhh Zip ties are the dodgey DIYer's best friend lol

Update - today i went to two diff businesses to get my hands on the gear needed and part with some readies too...

Advanced Industrial Products - Darra
2m of 19mm (3/4") oil and temp rated hose. Black
1 box (10) hose clamps to suit 19mm and 12.5mm hose.
$25.80 i think.

Industrial Fittings Sales - Rocklea
(Could have bought the hose there i found out... "cat 13 red" apparently).
2 x hose joiner reducers 19mm - 16mm
1 budget ball valve tap
2 hose nipples (male) with 3/8 BSP thread (male)
$36 i think - the paperwork is eluding me at this time.

IFS also sell all required bits n bobs for "Diff breather kits" too. No idea how their prices compare though.

Provent 200

Does the Provent 200 actually fit in front of the air box next to the radiator support on a D40. I looked at the specs and the unit is 109mm wide. I can't see how it can fit there.

Latest posts

Back