D40 reverse light switch location

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitty0027

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone can tell me the reverse light switch would be located on a D40. I have looked everywhere. No real success. Thanks for your help.

There is a reverse relay which might help you but it will depend on the model as to it's location apparently.

if you need a signal line, splice into the rear light. Other then that look at the switch on the gearbox...

cheers guys,
The problem i have is that my reverse lights flicker on and off when I select reverse. I have checked all power supply and earth all seem really good. I was thinking it would have to be the actual switch from the tranie but I can locate this as there are a few things under there I don't understand (plugs).

There was a thread a few weeks back (maybe try searching for topics with reverse in their title) that covered the location of the reverse relay in newer model D40's, if you want to get back to the relay in an 09 or before the relay is in front of the passenger side fire wall and the wire runs in a loom down the passenger side of the vehicle but i can't remember exactly where the run takes it to or from the relay.

Back