D40 service due

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjsestro

Reaction score
Just purchased a D40 2008 model with 28800 km on the clock. It was last serviced 6/10/2010 at 23200 km 8 months ago. My question is should the vehicle be serviced next at 30000 km or because it has low kilometres and is three years old should it be serviced following the schedule at 60000 km or 36 months. If this is the case should I service the automatic transmission and diff oils etc. Not sure when coolant should be replaced.

Some would argue but I'd just drive it to 30K before I worried about it, especially if I was paying Nissan to do it. Sure they say 6 months or 10K whichever comes first but if an engine can't last longer on both counts then the engine makers shouldn't be making engines.

The car should have had its manual included and this has a full service requirement list for each service.

Nissan state that you can just service them at 10,000km intervals instead of the 5,000km shown in the book. They do say that if the vehicle is driven in harsh conditions you should consider the more frequent servicing regime.

If that's a diesel, it's a baby and it'll need a service in 1200km. The 30,000km service isn't a big one (the 40,000km service is). I'd have it done, and done properly, because you don't REALLY know what was done previously - especially if you don't have that manual.

Don't forget that they have an out in terms of warranty if you don't meet the schedule of 10000km or 6 months whichever comes up first.

Don't forget that they have an out in terms of warranty if you don't meet the schedule of 10000km or 6 months whichever comes up first.

Read the hand book again !!! It quotes 20000 klm as the standard oil change interval in Australia (30000klm in UK, yes it would be like soup.) The service /repair manual says 15000klm for heavy duty.
The service item has to have a tick against it to be applicable.
Rd's
Burgo

Read the hand book again !!! It quotes 20000 klm as the standard oil change interval in Australia (30000klm in UK, yes it would be like soup.) The service /repair manual says 15000klm for heavy duty.
Rd's
Burgo

I grabbed my service book ready to quote chapter & verse.

Quote nuthin I can.

On the bright side, I understand that the oil change interval on a 3lt Discovery 4 is 26,000ks.

Read the hand book again !!! It quotes 20000 klm as the standard oil change interval in Australia (30000klm in UK, yes it would be like soup.)

That is as good a reason as any that people should retain and read their owners and or service manual. The information on servicing intervals is in every book and it does vary between vehicles and as newer technology takes over it's not suprising to see servicing intervals get further apart. Even if you don't agree with the book and want to do a service more frequently that's fine but reading the one book car manufactures offer up as a freebie has benefits and knowing when to service your car by their recommendations is just one of them, knowing what oils and lubes to use is another.

Rd's
Burgo

Not in my handbook it doesn't......indeed I was so confused with the servicing schedule I wrote to Nissan Australia and they confirmed 10000km or 6 months or 5000km or 3months if heavy going.

Last edited:
i got told 15,000kms for mine, first service was done at 10k, just had one at 25k and the next will be at 40k. not sure if its just becuase i have a newer model or what but this was one of the reasons i went for the diesel, longer service intervals

Considering the time frames other manufacturers are coming out with it's not surprising that newer models with newer technology are being pushed further between servicing, if manufacturers don't move with the times they have the potential to loose customers. 15K between services is still a fairly small window for most engines anyway.

Latest posts

Back