D40 Service

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brownie82

Reaction score
Hi all, Ive just picked up an 08 D40 STX. So I got them to service it prior to delivery.

Anyway I get it home and check the oil and its quite black,this is my first deisel so not sure what it should look like. The trip home was around 45 klms. I wouldnt think it go black in that amount of time. I could be wrong like i said i have no experience with diesels. Also I pulled the airfilter out which was dirty also. Makes me wonder if they actually did anything other than put a sticker on the windscreen.

If someone could shed some light on what i should be looking for thanks in advance.

Brownie.

Oil in a diesel will be black almost before you have finished filling it up.

Depending on which service got done and how you read the service manual as to whether the air filter needed replacing or blowing out so that may also be ok.

That said I still wouldn't trust any Nissan mechanic I know to do a service properly.

A 2008 model will have a few km under its belt so the piston rings won't be like new - there'll be a bit more blow-by compared to a new vehicle. It's nothing to be concerned about.

Yeah, ok cool. The truck has 63000 klms on it. Yeah im gonna do the oil every 5000 klms myself. No dramas i might even go and buy an air filter also. What would be the best oil to run??

There is a thread (probably several) for oil people use. Just like everything else in life it's a personal preference, as long as it matches the specs in the service book there is no other right or wrong.

Latest posts

Back