D40 TD25 Stalling when facing downhill

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ga2k

Reaction score
Hi, I have searched the forums for similar issues but apparently I'm alone...

I have a 2010 D40 TD25 Auto, and since new, when the fuel is low (but not critically low), it will stall when facing downhill. When this happens I fill up immediately and it never takes more than 70 litres to fill him.

I know I have an 80 litre tank, but is that last 10 usable or do Nobby and I have a problem?

I spoke to Nissan about it and said to them that I might have a pick-up alignment problem, but they say to bring it in when it is doing it. I've never been game, I don't want to conk out on the way there...

Has anybody heard of this before?

Hi, I have searched the forums for similar issues but apparently I'm alone...

I have a 2010 D40 TD25 Auto, and since new, when the fuel is low (but not critically low), it will stall when facing downhill. When this happens I fill up immediately and it never takes more than 70 litres to fill him.

I know I have an 80 litre tank, but is that last 10 usable or do Nobby and I have a problem?

I spoke to Nissan about it and said to them that I might have a pick-up alignment problem, but they say to bring it in when it is doing it. I've never been game, I don't want to conk out on the way there...

Has anybody heard of this before?

Yeh a few times.. just dont park nose down when under 1/2 a tank

Same problem here..I have a manual and I'm notorious for only putting $20 fuel in (I like the money in my pocket not my tank)..nose down a steep driveway and let it idle for a few mins and she will run out of juice.pickup must be towards the back.I wouldn't call it a problem its just how things work.

After replacing the fuel tank on my 2010 ST I noticed that the fuel pickup is in the middle of the tank, and there isn't really much to hold the fuel near the pickup. I would have expected some sort of "well" to hold the fuel there when low.

So if yours is similar, it's entirely possible that all the fuel is running away from the pickup

Both my D40's thai and spain do it, once i was pushing the limit to get to the servo and run out on a down hill section of the freeway, rolled to the bottom, primed it up and drove to the servo, still had around 10lt in the tank.
My old Thai D40 i soon learnt to make sure i had over half tank when off road, had it stall when i was trying to get out of a gully.
so as far as i know thats just how the d40 is.

I have a 2010 D40 TD25 Auto, and since new, when the fuel is low (but not critically low), it will stall when facing downhill.

fairly common in the early ones and nissan had a replacement fuel pickup for them. however its not good for the engine to run the fuel down low. a better fix would be to tweak the fuel sender so it reads empty when there is still plenty of fuel left.

btw TD25 engine was back in the 90's and its a gutless pos. you have the YD25 engine.

mine does it and it annoys the hell out of me, the nav already needs a bigger fuel tank let alone not be able to effectively use the last 10 L

Thanks for the replies, looks like we have a 70 litre tank down hill and an 80 litre tank up hill!

I have set my ScanGauge "Tank Capacity" to 70L. That'll do until I get my 150L extended range tank.

Latest posts

Back