D40 Toughdog Suspension Spacers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gbt

Reaction score
This has probably been addressed in another thread somewhere but I cant find the simple answer, so I will risk it and ask again....

I have a Toughdog upgrade in my wagon, I believe it is about a 40mm lift. Is there a way that I can get any more lift without any significant work? i.e. can I add spaces to the strut and larger shackels on the leafs or something to give 10mm or so more with out having to deal with the brakes etc?

Really I just wanna squeeze some extra lift without very much financial outlay because I keep denting my bashplate on the tracks when I go surfing!

I have a 15mm spacer in the front struts. I think from memory what ever the spacer is it will give you double the lift. Cant be exactly sure but its definitley not one 1:1. In saying that my fronts are on a possitive?? camber (ie top is out further than the bottom) so i will need to adress that...

If what ive said is true and you only want 10mm extra you could go a 5mm spacer (if they make them that small) or even a 10mm and you may not have any problems... Also with the 15mm i think im getting UCA contact althought there is not signs on the strut top. I do get a bumping sound when i go throught the rough stuff.

I got in touch with the guys who installed my suspension and they say that they would have to replace the front upper control arms in order for it to be considered "safe".

That's what mine said too. By the way, my ToughDog springs have settled!? By around 20-25mm. It's pretty much back at standard. I've gone back to installer and they're chasing it up for me.

Mine have done about 20,000 km and it has dropped a bit but is still pretty good and I give it a pretty good workout sometimes.

What is with the springs settling....i dont mean to be a bitch but i have always had king springs....ive fitted about 6 sets over the past years and none have ever settled below 3-5 mm.
The current ones on the nav didnt move at all.they are now 12months old and are the same as 1st days shake down drive..is quality a bit hows it going on toughdog and some of the others?

Go HD coils. They wont settle as much and still retain good height. About to purchase some Bilstein struts with HD coils pre assembled for a bit less stuffing around.

I run Ironman 2" lift springs with 15mm spacers. Gonna piss those off and go the HD's with struts.

Go HD coils. They wont settle as much and still retain good height. About to purchase some Bilstein struts with HD coils pre assembled for a bit less stuffing around.

I run Ironman 2" lift springs with 15mm spacers. Gonna piss those off and go the HD's with struts.

Did your ironmans sink at all after initial fitting?

I wouldnt say mine have dropped significantly, I think (by eye) that the front have dropped a couple of mm as when I first got the ute back it was dead flat, and now appears slightly lower in the front.... I could be fooling my self and over analysing it tho, I didnt measure it and I still have way more clearance than a STD D40.

Have the tough dog foam cells all round (pre assembled front struts) and haven't no problem with sagging as yet been about six months although don't have the hd springs as no bullbar yet. Will also be adding 10mm spacer later just to flatten out slight nose dive but not until new ucas. Not enough adjustment on the Spanish built navs. Happy with height after the "1" body lift as dosnt mess with suspension at all.

Have the tough dog foam cells all round (pre assembled front struts) and haven't no problem with sagging as yet been about six months although don't have the hd springs as no bullbar yet. Will also be adding 10mm spacer later just to flatten out slight nose dive but not until new ucas. Not enough adjustment on the Spanish built navs. Happy with height after the "1" body lift as dosnt mess with suspension at all.

Excellent to hear mate.make me sad when people dont get what they were suppose to get..been reading about unhappy customers a lot laitly.

I wouldnt say mine have dropped significantly, I think (by eye) that the front have dropped a couple of mm as when I first got the ute back it was dead flat, and now appears slightly lower in the front.... I could be fooling my self and over analysing it tho, I didnt measure it and I still have way more clearance than a STD D40.

Thats not bad...you running a bar/winch? Were yours h/d coils?
Mine are not HD but i still have a winch and winch cradle (custom made) seem to cope just fine

Excellent to hear mate.make me sad when people dont get what they were suppose to get..been reading about unhappy customers a lot laitly.

Yeah your not wrong mate nothing worst than spending good money on things that can't even do what they were designed for!

I have a bullbar but no winch.... Medium duty springs in the front, I cant remember which shocks I got. Pretty impressed with the kit all round.

Did your ironmans sink at all after initial fitting?

They did a bit, but the 15mm spacers took care of that. 15mm spacers = 25mm lift roughly.

They are good, but, with the steel bar on there now, plus aerials and lightbar, and a winch this year sometime, im just gonna set it up properley. Then pissing off the Ironman leaf springs for some Tough Dog HD leaf's to go with the Tough Dog foam cells i currently have in the back.

They did a bit, but the 15mm spacers took care of that. 15mm spacers = 25mm lift roughly.

They are good, but, with the steel bar on there now, plus aerials and lightbar, and a winch this year sometime, im just gonna set it up properley. Then pissing off the Ironman leaf springs for some Tough Dog HD leaf's to go with the Tough Dog foam cells i currently have in the back.

I have to say that I am surprised how much weight people add to their wagons. I use mine on the sand more than anything and prefer to keep it lighter to not get too bogged down. I can get out of most stuff with a spade and a compressor some sweat and/or a snatch strap.

Horses for courses though I guess.

Yeah it depends on your "application" i guess. Sand, yeah definantly, but if you go somewhere like Fraser Island, you will want a winch and bullbar etc. Much of a muchness really.

Latest posts

Back