D40 won't rev

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D402612

Reaction score
Hey guys new to the page. Chasing some advice. i done a water crossing in my 2007 d40 t/d manual, it drove through it but on the other side it cut out. It started again and now it runs and idles but revs really slow. If i hold accelerator down it revs well over 2 grand just takes forever to get there. My mate put his computer on it and it came up accelerator fault. I have pulled most sensors of that I have been reading about that can get water in them and sprayed with contact cleaner and my old man has the same nav so I have swapped over the following
Throttle
Throttle body
Fuel rail pressure sensor
Air flow sensor
And still no go. Any help would be appreciated. Thanksđź‘Ť

You need the obd2 reader to sort this out..you need to read for faults...then attent to whatever is relevent for the code...then clear the code...start the ute and re read for codes..
Did you get water in the cab when you did the water crossing?

My mate put the reader on and it was only throwing the one code and that was the accelerator. Little bit of water in the cab just on the floor. Recon eleco or mechanic would be the best bet? It sounds electrical to me.

So, our diesel engines decide how much diesel to inject into the engine based on the position of the throttle and the load the engine is under. In your case it sounds like the throttle position is not being read properly. Most likely you have water inside one of the connectors or inside the throttle potentiometer box.

Another thing is use the drain cock on the bottom of the fuel filter..drain and catch about 250ml-500ml make sure the isnt much water in there.
More than likley a sensor or somthing is a bit wet...
Is the cel light illuminated on the dash?

I'd assume electrical as well, if the failure happened some days after the crossing. It cut out on the other side - that means that it's either coincidence that a faulty earth/connection has failed at the same time as the water crossing, or water has gotten into somewhere.

It doesn't just depend on the depth of the crossing - if you don't have a well-sealed snorkel, and you splash around a bit (high speed entry) then there's every chance that water will splash up and into the intake, soaking the air filter. The car will struggle to breathe.

Is there any smoke while you're trying to rev it? Black smoke means its not getting enough air (even though it might think it is) which is usually a MAFS sensor, sometimes the turbocharger (and in the 2007 I'd look at the vac hoses first, before anything else). Vac solenoid (mounted on the intercooler intake) is sometimes a failure point. Vac leaks are sometimes felt as a lack in braking performance and a complete failure of the brake booster usually means the booster has a vac leak, which also promotes the turbo problem.

If there's no smoke I'd wonder if the CAS connection needs cleaning.

Also, try this: loosen the fuel cap and try revving the motor. If that works, remove, clean and reinstall the SCV.

Back