D'agular ranges 25/1/10

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt76

Reaction score
I had to head out to Neerum creek to visit friends today so we decided to do the D'agular tracks on the way through. We intended to follow the route taken by the 'Dirty weekends in SE Queensland' book, but clearly missed a turn somewhere and got completely lost haha. We started at Dayboro, headed south west for a bit along some pretty easy dirt roads, there is some beautiful scenery out that way. The tracks themselves are quite easy, there are a couple of sections that are very steep, low range first gear type stuff. They were great fun. The steep sections were still quite easy, the track surface was nice and hard so the car just walked up and down them nice and steady, didn't bottom out anywhere.

Anyway we missed the second half of the track because we clearly took a wrong turn somewhere and got completely lost, I think thats what 4wd'ing is all about though isn't it? We actually did a loop and ended up back near datboror so we shot up over Mt mee and stuck to the way we knew from there.

Its a nice easy run for those of you that don't want any damage, and easily done in a day trip.

We will have to organise a run out that way again.

sdc10299.jpg

sdc10294b.jpg

sdc10295q.jpg

Looks good Matt, will have to head out there for sure. Nice Pics.

Edit: So you kinda navigated like you were at Glasshouse? :p :p :p

and no scratches today either! haha

We had another fun play in the state forest out near Neerum Creek, there was a steepish hill out there with big loose gravel all over it, it was great fun going up but terrifying reversing down! (no room to turn around at the top)

There was also a nice mound of rock/dirt in an old quarry that we had a play on, the jeep and prado there couldn't quite get over it (fearing damage), I just hit it a bit harder and bounced over LOL. The other guy there got it all on video so I will try and get a copy.

Wow looks like fun. Too bad I am not down that way any more. HOWEVER I guess it isnt thaaaaaaatttttttt far away :p hmmmmmmmm

Some nice pic's there Matt. Have read a bit about that area, & often thought I wouldn't mind having a look through there.............hmmmmmm...road trip????

We did it again last weekend. http://www.navara.asia/brisbane-qld/2388-dagular-ranges-dayboro-woodford.html

I'm keen to do the Blackall Ranges next, maybe break it into a two day trip and camp overnight on Saturday night?

The trip basically starts at Yandina and goes up to Point Glorious then down to Mapleton.

Another option is the Canondale run. It's a bit longer, may be better.

Last edited:
Hey Matt and Jason and all,

are you thinking of doing this drive again anytime soon?. I have a mate at work who bought a *Kia* cough cough Sorento *chuck*, and wants to do a nice day trip, look at scenery etc , have lunch at the sawmill.

I haven't done it myself so was going to try to check it out soon hopefully.

Last edited:
I am keen but will be a little while before I can, I had a hernia op this week so will have to be careful for a little while. Don't wait for me though, if I am right when you are going I will tag along.

Its a nice drive and will be fine for the Kia.

Ouch Matt, bloody hell, hope it doesn't take long for you to get back to normal.

Yeah, I keep looking at those photos you guys took on that trip and I've got to get there, probably in a few weekends time, (bit of a backlog of home jobs to do)

Yeah I might be somewhere near right by then, its supposed to be 10 weeks before I can lift anything, cant see that happening though lol.

hey Matt76, where abouts is the track, is it off the D'agular hwy some where, can i type somthing into the gps to find it? i was up that way a few weeks ago and did'nt find any good tracks

hey Matt76, where abouts is the track, is it off the D'agular hwy some where, can i type somthing into the gps to find it? i was up that way a few weeks ago and did'nt find any good tracks

We started at the pub at dayboro, and drove for about 5 - 10 mins northwest if I remember correctly. I will get the dirty weekends book out tonight and give you some directions.

Latest posts

Back