Dash rattle STX 550

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justdrinkbeer

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a rattle in the dash on my STX 550 '11 model, been a few months now and it's driving me insane. It's to the right of the instrument cluster somewhere, maybe behind the vent or in the A pillar, I've checked everything I can see from the footwell and seems ok, does anyone have any ideas? Or does anyone know how to get into the back of the dash?

Rich

does it happend when you go over corrigations because my 2012 st has a vibration next to the heater duct on the drivers side. the scew isn't done up tight enough on one of the brackets so i have some cardboard between it at the mo, you can just reach it' will get the dealer to pull the dash apart when it has a 10,000 k service and fix it.

I had a rattle in the dash of my 2010 stx, it was a rubber strip that runs between the dash and the windscreen. It always happened under load. Nissan had to remove the whole dash to fix it. Only problem now is that if your not careful with parking tickets they fall down never to be seen again

I had a rattle in the dash of my 2010 stx, it was a rubber strip that runs between the dash and the windscreen. It always happened under load. Nissan had to remove the whole dash to fix it. Only problem now is that if your not careful with parking tickets they fall down never to be seen again

Sounds like one of my rattles, its been in 4 times for them to fix it and they always say that they cant get it to reproduce. When i get out of the dealers driveway it rattles.

I have had rattles with a heap of loose clips which i added blutac to stop them moving and also some loose screws.

Had a major rattle that nissan fixed and it was clutch pipes hitting the firewall i think they said? Cant remember exactly but someone might be able to clarify if that would be right?

yeah fixed my clutch pipes aswell they run behind the brake booster and rub againts the firewall also check your aircon pipe (10mm aliminium pipe) same spot behind the booster i had to move that a way from the firewall also. I still have a rattle behind the cluster but i will get to that soon.

sorry to revive old thread, but my car has rattle sound as well. seems like it comes from inside of head unit and behind dash. and also there is other noise on passenger side but can't figure it out where its coming from. it's driving me nuts.. i always have music on inside the car to avoid rage from annoying rattles but i just don't like music. at least i'm not the only one who has issue with rattle noises. I will have to call nissan again fix this issues

Yea I also have this problem 2013 auto st it vibrats under load in 4th just under 2000 rpm its killing me is there a common screw loose please help us lads

after a couple years i finally found what the vibration noise in the passenger door or glove box area is it's the center consol lid. and yes it's nowhere near the passenger door.

Latest posts

Back