Day at the Dyno

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azza

Reaction score
A good mate of mine works at a dyno in Canberra, the store is known for it's specialty work on high preformance jap cars and diesels. They only use 'tune it' chips and have great results and for some reason Toyotas have the best results from chip and tunes, "Toyotas just love the shit" so I was told. :big_smile:

So having a 'tune it' chip I left the ute with Chris for the day. As I left it it had 32 inch BFG AT's, snorkle, egr blank, 2.75 inch exhaust with dump and the chip set on maximum manual setting of 9. He played around with it for 4 hours trying different tunes.

(I'd post up the dyno print out but don't know how)

The first reading I got when I dropped it off was: All readings at the wheels
Max power: 79.8kw
Max torque: 724.8nm

After the tune
Max power:83.6kw
Max torque:781.8nm

Remember this is all on top of the already maxed out chip. Chris called the head office of Tune it and asked why the injectors were getting lound as f%#k. Tune it said the injectors in the YD25 D22's are alot smaller than the D40's. So the injectors were at their limit. So Chris backed it off to a point that was safe for the EGT's and injectors and the final results are as above. He said that he had a bitch of a time keeping the engine cool during testing, had multiple fans running but the top mount intercooler is in such a bad location and way too small to get the turbo to cool efficiently. He suggested a water to air set up which is next on the list while I'm waiting 7 weeks for my TJM XGS suspension :angry: Chris did say that I could get more out of it by upping the boost but he didn't recommend it with the stock intercooler.

Chris had a 1970 something chev big block in there he was tuning, very very nice car. He assured me my nav was faster which was funny, the extra torque won't really be noticeable till I hook up my large enclosed bike trailer but should be great. The extra kw was noticeable, it's pretty quick now :rock:

Cheers lads

Last edited:
good stuff. if you scan the dyno print outs in and go to photobucket.com and create an account you can upload the pictures to there. when you have uploaded them, there is an img link you can click, then paste that link in with what you are typing.

i have attached a picture to show you where the link is.
photobucket.jpg

as for the intercooler, you can probably get similar results to a water to air setup with a fan under the standard intercooler with a water sprayer setup spraying on top. although a decent water to air setup would probably be better, you will still have to stuff around mounting the heat exchanger behind the bullbar anyway...

Latest posts

Back