Daylight robbery (D40 40,000km service)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$731, that's a $335 saving off mine. So a normal fill at the pump usually costs me around $80 which gets me around 730km.

335 / 80 * 730 = 3056km

Now according to google maps Yarra Valley is 1671km from Brisbane

So theoretically with some short shifting and if I pray for some NE winds on the trip down and some SW winds on the trip up I could drive down and back up, get the car serviced while seeing a bit of the country!!!

Yeah you could have a holiday every time your car needs servicing, although you'd be getting your car serviced alot more.

1600ks might be a little far to try and claim comparative charging between dealers too.

Haha... true on the first point. If I pull this trip off and bring them the receipts I'm sure that I'll have grounds for a discount :p

Thanks for the tips thus far boys, it's kept me thinking while the car is in the shop. I've just received the call that the car is ready, good news is that they're finally found the issue and agreed to fix my fan speed relay/resistor problem under warranty like how it was supposed to. Parts ordered today so will have to book it back in next week.

Long story short the salesman (Troy) and his manager (Les) that sold me the car left the job abruptly and my 'case' was never followed up, I then had to jog the memory of the other salesman (Archie) that witnessed me purchasing the car in March, then had to get him to call the used car department (George) who put me in touch with service (Peter) who then palmed me off to (Stephanie) who had completely no idea. So I had to get Stephanie to back track through all those people to get the story straight. Not fun!!

Other than the service the car has been great despite the odd squeak and the aircon problem. Plenty of power and a dream to drive.

My local dealer is the one that quoted me $1200 for the 40K service and I'm now going to call my local mechanic (who services our other car) and see what he says.

Actually he's not in until tomorrow, so this will have to wait.

The 50K isn't much more than the 10K though is it? I know it's definitely not listed at a major service.

The Thailand builders must be able to make a longer lasting car because I don't think 60K is a major on the Spain ones, but then I'm not sure I've looked that far ahead in the book.

80K is one of the biggest service on ours, Krafty. I think the 120K also has some belts or chains replaced as well, but I can't be stuffed pulling the manual out at the moment to take a gander at it.

120K will our cars really go that far? I've never done 120K in any privately owned vehicle of mine wonder if the Nav will be first.

I thought I was reading somewhere the other day (obviously not on this factual site) that timing chains don't get replaced these days, but given that I can't remember where I read it then I guess it could be a crock. But like you I can't be bothered pulling out the manual right now either so it can remain a mystery for a little while.

My D22 has only done 40k and they are replacing the timing chain. Also recently had the 40k service done $950 and had to go back the next day cos the wheel bearing was loose. I alerted them to a problem i was facing somewhere in the front right hand wheel(making noises) and they still missed it. Mind you they still haven't found the problem hence they are trying the timing chain.
Hopeless.

The 100k is a big one as well (4 pages of the book) and the 120K is super-sized.

At the 120K service, they replace the PCV filter, drain vaporiser tar, inspect the EGR as well as the normal run of the mill stuff. They tighten body mountings, replace every bit of fluid in the vehicle but - you're right - no chains or belts (unless needed).

They also go nuts at the 160K service - the last in the book - maybe they don't expect that they'll need to do anything after that.

We when I get to 95K I'm trading this thing in on a pushbike, if someone realises how much the next lot of servicing will be they wont give me much more as a trade in than a push bike is worth.

lol funny you should mention that KraftyPg i threw the pushy into the tray and rode home and back to the stealer this afternoon. got some funny looks at my attire from the girls at the front desk.

Glad to see my new hairdresser car (Xtrail diesel) is a bit cheaper than the Nav. Most costly service was $700 odd.

Scary though, its slated ten year service will be at about the four year mark for me!

Had my 40K service done last month, TD auto D40, Moorooka nissan in brissie quoted me $1200 for it.... i laughed, my local mechanic did it for about $550 using all genuine nissan parts and oils.....

Log book?
Do STR's get a log book?

Eug; my first job at uni was for a Datsun dealer and I rode a pushie to work each day. they kept on finding my places that were more out of the way so customers couldn't see it any where.

Back