Deadly's D21 Budget TOY

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not hard at all, few hours work!

yeah i just got back from camping on the way back it rained all night n we had to go through a state forest so the nav got lots of mud all ova it.:rock: who needs four wheel drive just hit it hard in rear wheel drive if that dont work get more of a run up!:big_smile: the only problem i had to clean the mud of the boat n there was a lot of mud!:sarcastic:

sweet i got to get a weilder n pipe bender n many other things aswell. the only problem i think the navs feeling sad because i bought my first project car n its getting all the attintion.:devil:

Before.......

IMG_0207-1.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

What went in.......

HBsuspension4wdfs.jpg

Plenty more BUNDY Pine studs in the fridge yet:big_smile:
Calmini kit was $1380 to my door direct from Calmini. The same kit from mobs in Aust.....$1800-$2000....for exaclty thje same kit:devil:
Yeh, still a budget toy.....still only owes me less then $6000:rock:

Thanks Jason, bugga didn't get a chance to catch up yesterday............next time.

Test run.....

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0222-1.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

Thanks mate. Yeh you will, won't be home saturday.....going to the Rocky Swap Meet.
Yep, still the standard D22 leaves:rock:

Thanks mate. Yeh you will, won't be home saturday.....going to the Rocky Swap Meet.
Yep, still the standard D22 leaves:rock:

fuk yeah that is some sweet flex to ease i got a party saturday n i got to help a mate move sunday so sorry. i guess it one of the problems with having a ute.:sarcastic:

Well after being off the road for about 3 weeks, The Beacon is finally going again.
After putting the new suspension in, I took it down for a wheel alignment, only to discover that the Idler Arm was bent, and the 2 inner ball joints on the Tie Rods where stuffed as well. So ordered these, got them, went to fit them, and this is where it all came unravelled:devil:
The ball joint from the center arm to the Idler Arm wanted to fight. Long story short, ended up destroying the ball joint......and of course you can't just buy the ball joints for the center arm, got to buy the whole thing. Got the new Center Arm, went to fit it, and discovered 1 of the outter ball joint rubbers on the tie rod was missinf the little retaining ring.........back down to the suspension shop again. Ordered 2 outer ball joints (replaced the other side while I was going). So now I have pretty much all new steering componentry on the Beacon.
If this doesn't last, might look at getting the Calmini Steering kit..................

............or doing the SAS:devil:

Shit thats gonna hurt the pocket.

Hmm from memory you do have 2 GQ diffs sitting around, I dont think you would have any trouble fitting going the previous work I have seen you do.

Dave.

Thanks Guys:cheers!:

HELL YEH.....I want to SAS it! Wanted to do that instead of putting the Calmini kit in, but no one up here can do that sort of engineering, so put it in the too hard basket.................

........for the time being:ahhh:

Yeh mate, have already got the Patroll diffs:rock:

Hi mate, great looking Nav there bud, I've been watch your thread for a while!

I've been talking to the guys over in the US about getting this kit over here but I'm not too keen on using the rear blocks. Have you used them or got the lift from the D22 leafs? Was the kit worth it or would you go a 2 inch lift and body lift next time?

Cheers for the help mate.

Hi mate, great looking Nav there bud, I've been watch your thread for a while!

I've been talking to the guys over in the US about getting this kit over here but I'm not too keen on using the rear blocks. Have you used them or got the lift from the D22 leafs? Was the kit worth it or would you go a 2 inch lift and body lift next time?

Cheers for the help mate.

Thanks mate!

Yes, I did use the blocks that came with the kit. About the only thing I didn't use from the kit was the torsion bars. Only because the ones I already had are only about 6 mths old.
To be honest, didn't really look at the 2" kits. Would prob go for the SAS kit if I was to do it again.

Cheers for that mate, might have to think about it a bit more.

I wouldnt mind having a crack at the SAS kit too!!

Back