deep cycle battery

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt c

Reaction score
looking to buy a deep cycle battery to run my fridge and lights off.
whats a good and reasonable priced deep cycle

What is your fridge?
What are your lights?
How long do you want to run them?
What time between recharges?
What is doing the recharging?
How much space do you have?

You have to consider Terry's questions and have answers before you go buying, because you will expect the battery to last a little while!

The general rule of thumb with batteries is to drain them to no less than 50% of their capacity. Below this point the batteries start to sulfate rather badly and their life expectancy (in both meanings) is drastically reduced.

So - work out how many amps you're going to use for what time you expect to use it. Be generous in your usage, because having a little extra capacity is always better than not.

When you've worked that out, double it and buy a battery that large.

If you have a decent charger and you don't mistreat the battery it will last you for a few years (let's say 5 years). Take the cost of the battery, divide by 5 and see if that number is more appealing to you.

Our 100Ah $300 gel (it's a little more, but I don't remember exactly) isn't bad at $60 a year.

Next time though, I might consider a larger capacity AGM. 100Ah is really only just enough to bring us through a night.

Latest posts

Back