Degreasing zd30 engine bay

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BP90

Reaction score
Riteeo guys after a few trips down dusty roads and going through some mud etc i feel i should probly hose down the engine bay of my nav for the first time since owning it. Now it might sound silly but i was just wondering are there any parts in the engine bay to avoid when degreasing and hosing down the zd30 navara engine bay? I just want to know so i dont end up having any similiar problems as i did with a ba futura that i owned before buyin the nav when i decided to degrease its engine bay for the first time.

Bart

Last edited:
Pretty sure you can just go to town on it.
Just try to avoid the air cleaner area in case you squirt water into the hose joins.
Oh and wait till the motor cools right down before you start.

Pretty sure you can just go to town on it.
Just try to avoid the air cleaner area in case you squirt water into the hose joins.
Oh and wait till the motor cools right down before you start.

Cheers tony, and try and avoid the battery? Also should i avoid the alternator aswell? Ok thats good then i was just worried there might have been some sort of problem id run into like i did with the barra straight 6 in the ba falcons where if you hose down the motor water gets into the coil packs and then makes your engine misfire. Cheers mate.

Bart

I purposely hose inside the alt's to clean out dirt/dust and mud and shit all the time...no probs

Cheers for the info guys, just been fiddling around making a dual battery tray fit in and sussing out where best to run intercooler piping and i noticed how filthy it was.

When you're finished hosing it down let the engine bay dry out for an hour or so and then spray everything down with a can of Armour all tyre foam and leave it, it'll look the ducks nuts.
I've done this with all my fourby's usually a couple of weeks before rego check, often got a comment on how well looked after the vehicle was :blingbling:

Latest posts

Back