Departure angle

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben85

Reaction score
Off road the d22 is always draging/bashing the towbar and ass end.

What have you done to improve your departure angles?

I will be doing 2in susp & body lift. Will probably mod the tow bar to sit 2in higher also, that should make a difference.
If its still not enough for what i want then i might swap the tub for a tray and lift the towbar up higher again which should make it pretty good but I'm not ready to go that far just yet.

The back end of mine is getting badly smashed up. Even the side panels are all bent where the rear has hit tree roots, rocks etc.

I'm thinking a tray is the best idea, but expensive.

Always take the tow bar out. The rear sticks out a long way past the back wheels hey.

Havent removed the rear bumper yet.

i cut the rear quarters off mine and removed the bling rear bar, next step was to lift the tow bar but i changed directions

if you have a STR take the rear bar off and fit a DX tow bar as they dont have the drop down tongue box section

bryan

have you got any picture on how you mounted the number plate + no.plate light with the bumper off? just looking at a few ideas.

Yep I too would like to see ideas for the back bumper bar its a verandah and must go imo. I will probably make up something out of checkerplate one day

Old thread here but thought i would add my thoughts on raising the tow bar.
As my D22 stands (2"lift and 32" tires) to tow my boat over gutters without the back scraping ie.into my driveway, i have had to drop the ball down 3.5" with a drop tongue. i def wouldnt want it too much higher off the ground.

Latest posts

Back