Diamonds aren't a girls best friend

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navara_cruz

Reaction score
Now I'm not sure how many of you guys have ever had a flat tyre in the Navara but I had one the other day at a building site. 2 steel bars made very easy pickings of my back left tyre.

Now being a bloke and knowing how these things work it seemed like a very easy fix at the the time, just change the tyre with the diamond jack that was issued with the car and we will be away again, NO thats not how it went down at all.

The problems I had at first was getting the jack out of the car from behind the back seat. This was so tightly wound up that I needed a long screw driver to assist in turning the end so I could unscrew it enough to remove.

Secondly When finding the correct lifting point on the car at maxium lift on the jack is was more than noted that the wheel with the flat tyre was still on the ground, the jack wasn't tall enough, not allowing the wheel to be removed and the spare to be put on....Now this could have been the ground I was on or they have given me a Nissan Pulsar jack instead.

My main concern is if my wife was driving the car and had a flat, even if she could change the tyre by herself, could she do it with what Nissan has given us.

Has anyone else used their diamond jack and was it up the task?

I have never been a fan of these and have since placed the wheel under jack in the back.

I have always used that type of jack under the diff or Lower control arm, but remove the spare first and slide it under the 4b loosen nuts jack up and remove wheel, swap the spare out from under with the flat, fit spare, lower down ect....

Yeah you won't get far jacking off the chassis, on the D21 and D22 you have to put it under the leaf saddle at the back, or in a recess in the lower control arm at the front. D40 would be a similar story.

I carry 2 thick blocks of timber in the car just in case. Mine is lifted just under 4 inches at the back so the jack is no chance of lifting the body high enough.

where did you jack it from?, i dont think any fourby factory jack would go high enough if going off the chassis

I threw out my sissor jack lol Wont do shit for my nav. I have a Nissan truck bottle jack, good for 8 tonne and it fits under the diffs just with the bigger tyres.

I've had three punctures in as many weeks and haven't had a problem with the jack, just went off the axle where the leafs attach area

Thats probably my problem then, trying to use the dedicated lift points advised by Nissan. I guess under the diff or rear spring housing in the way to go but I don't really trust this type of jack anyway.

Thanks guys

Latest posts

Back