Diesel chips

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WHAT CHIP DO YOU HAVE INSTALLED

• Total voters
I got a steinbaeur that is mapped to suit the baudessert exhaust I have and it is very good. Did not worry about a EGT gauge as I think it would only be good for monitoring the temp of the gas, it is also the safest option, also I have the EGR backing plate installed.

Last edited:
I got a steinbaeur that is mapped to suit the baudessert exhaust I have and it is very good. Did not worry about a EGT gauge as I think it would only be good for monitoring the temp of the gas, it is also the safest option, also I have the EGR backing plate installed.

What year model
Are you happy with it?

I've got a diesel power module http://www.kpd4x4.com/nissan-navara-dual-cab-st-x-may-2010-diesel-power-module-2-5-dci/
Noticable difference in power and torque (26kW supposedly), no other mods, only had it a few weeks but money well spent so far.
Easy install and uninstall if needed. My cousin doesn't even bother removing his for warranty services
He has the same module in his 2010 2.5 D40 since new, on his advice and experience I got one.

At a guess I would say the guy that wrote the web page on the diesel power chip isn't fully versed in how they (or their competitors) work.

As an example, they state that chips can't modify the injection timing. If you're intercepting the CAS signal you definitely can. They also state that their chips "Directly influencing injector pressure which modifies the pulse width and cycle duration" - even a No-Limits chip "influences" injector pressure by simply fooling the ECU into believing the rail pressure is lower than it is - it has nothing to do with the injector open duration. The injectors in our CRDs don't open just once per power stroke, either.

The chip might work an absolute treat, but I have a problem with hype - and what they should have played up louder was the fact that for $899 you get a chip that modifies boost levels as well - they barely mention it!

Their CEO needs to plant his boot in the ass of the marketing guy, or the web master - or both.

The thing to watch for is turning the chip all the way up and planting the foot. Rail pressures can exceed the ratings of the pipework and shorten the life of the pump.

Hi, its a 2012 D22, very happy with it as I was not expecting the power gain that it achieved, I was very surprised, well worth its weight in gold ;)

I must be doing something wrong
Steinbaeur tell me the chip hasn't been released yet
Where did you get yours ?
Cheers

Sparra theres a place up here in QLD that sells them, the navara asia member 'Sunny coaster' got one for his truck at Suncoast Exhaust in Noosa, they do cheap 3" exhausts to for navara's (around $600 turbo back)

I am very pleased with my Chipit and Beaudesert combo 20k with no issues and most of it heavy towing.

But i agree with 180 if i had my time again the Steinbauer would be fitted the less h/power would not worry me over the reliability factor.

Then again if i was to buy a new rig now i would chose one that developed the power i need to haul my trailer and van as it came from the factory less issues with reliability and warranty to be of concern.

I must be doing something wrong
Steinbaeur tell me the chip hasn't been released yet
Where did you get yours ?
Cheers

sparra if they are telling u it hasn't been released yet but it has they obviously have no idea what the are on about there is no way u could trust them to buy a chip off your going to run out off options soon lol

Then again if i was to buy a new rig now i would chose one that developed the power i need to haul my trailer and van as it came from the factory less issues with reliability and warranty to be of concern.

I agree this is the best option.

would be nice to see some dyno read outs from peoples actual cars, rather then whats on the chip website.

What about Unichip. At least you can take the unit from car to car.

Also ran into a bloke from a company called Powerflash. Apparently they reflash your ECU for around $700.00. Saw him at a car show in Melbourne last weekend.

What about Unichip. At least you can take the unit from car to car.

Also ran into a bloke from a company called Powerflash. Apparently they reflash your ECU for around $700.00. Saw him at a car show in Melbourne last weekend.

Just went to their website , try $1690.00 not $ 700.00

Just went to their website , try $1690.00 not $ 700.00

Last weekend, Powerflash at the Performance car show in the Melbourne Showgrounds quoted us $749.00 for the Navara and the same price for the partners Golf.

Might have been a show special but looking at his business card, their display and set up, it's a relative new concern so I reckon they'd like the business.

Latest posts

Back