Diesel Particle Filter break down

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when you remove it (dpf) knock the guts out off it and put the empty dpf filter back on it wiil run as normal because all the sensors are still in place.

you can buy a dpf remove pipe that does the same thing. on e-bay.

My understanding from what I've read on this forum is it will not work because the sensors become out of range due to there being no pressure differential between the two.

Also the cost of a new DPF is so high you wouldn't want to start destroying it unless you were 100% sure it will work.

My understanding from what I've read on this forum is it will not work because the sensors become out of range due to there being no pressure differential between the two.
thats what you want. you can even join the connecting pipes together so that they see the same pressure. What has the site being saying other than this???

Robert,
A quick question please.
Do you know the output of a YD25 (auto) without the DPF or CAT. (no chip)
I am familiar with your site.
Rd's
burgo

hi im from Turkey and i want to ask somethıng about dpf delete pipe. can we use this pipe without chip?

thats what you want. you can even join the connecting pipes together so that they see the same pressure. What has the site being saying other than this???

I wasn't referring to your product Robert.

I thought I read somewhere on here an example of removing the DPF causing problems with the regen cycle.

I apologise if I have misquoted.:cheers!:

my guess is that the high flow cats do not do as good job as the standard one only because when i had a high flow cat in the white smoke would only happen when starting the car from cold if i got it up to operating temp shut it down waited 5 mins and started again i could drive all day with no white smoke

I too worked out that you could stop the burn by turning the ute off when at operating temp. (When there is a hi flow cat installed.)

This thread seems to have ground to a halt... did all involved get their DPF issues sorted?
Was there a solution found to the Diesel squirt added by the ECU to aid the CAT?

Does fitting a ChipIt chip eliminate the extra squirt of Diesel for the CAT?

I think the DPF is inconsequential for me, so I'm not doing anything about it (for the moment, this will change if mine develops a fault).

First, the stock 1,980kg 2009 auto STX is supposed to get 10.5LPHK on a highway cycle. On a recent trip - weighing about 2,700kg - we managed 10.6LPHK.

Second, I've had people behind me talking to me as I've planted my foot and there's no sign of any smoke from my vehicle. I kinda like that.

Last - the inside of my exhaust is silver, not black. Shows that there are very few particulate emissions from my vehicle. And while it doesn't matter one bit to me, and does to the person behind me, I'm not paying much at all for it.

I do admit that removing the DPF + CAT and tossing the exhaust stroke injector pulses out will improve my economy even more, but my car is doing nicely enough to not warrant mucking around with it for now anyway.

For me, the DPF is no longer a scary, hairy beast.

My EGR is blocked. The catch can shouldn't change my economy much and is sitting in the garage waiting my ministrations on its interior. I've been more enthusiastic about trying to fit my MCPx into a Revell 1/48th scale Huey Hog than I have been in getting the catch can together.

Yes, the EGR block did add an element of economy and I should have remembered that too, but surely it cannot account for such economy with so much extra weight?

I have no idea, about your recorded fuel economy figures.
From my new 2011 D40 Dual Cab Chassis Thai built first tank - not to red light plenty left apparently, but the figures were 505 Ks for 53 litres = 9.528 Ks / ltr OR 10.495 Ltr / 100 Ks
But my D40 has NO tow bar, no side steps, no bull bar, no bash plates - yet.
I will be installing the Provent 200 catch can asap after it arrives.
After the 1000 "Service" i will give serious thought to the EGR block. The whole DPF thing may not become an issue for my manual D40. We live about 20 Ks out of town, no sets of lights to work and 100 Klmh zone on our door step almost all of the way into town :)

If its a manual I seriously hope the DPF is NEVER an issue......

.....unless they started adding big scarey DPFs to manuals this year

I can say that the "DPF" in the pics posts thus far do NOT appear to be in my exhaust piping... :)
DANG IT - i just bought 10 ltrs of Nulon DPF friendly oil at S'Cheap for $109 today... thinking my 2011 D40 was sure to have a DPF fitted - FFS
I may have to return it Sunday and walk out with a credit and a 10 ltr bottle of either Penrite HPR 5 or similar due to our approaching Winter and I will have plenty of early COLD starts.

the extra squirt is to heat the dpf... not the cat grasshopper. if you contact me on [email protected] i can do a bundle deal on chip and DPF delete pipe plus a forum special on the chip itself

Cheers

Grasshopper, it's unlikely that you have a DPF - as Krafty said, they weren't putting DPFs in the manual versions of the car. In mid 2010 (for the 140kW engine) they took the DPF out of the auto as well and to my knowledge it hasn't gone back in - at least, I don't recall anyone with a later model saying that they had a DPF.

As for my fuel figures, they were stated a couple of posts above (the one you originally queried).

Grasshopper, it's unlikely that you have a DPF - as Krafty said, they weren't putting DPFs in the manual versions of the car. In mid 2010 (for the 140kW engine) they took the DPF out of the auto as well and to my knowledge it hasn't gone back in - at least, I don't recall anyone with a later model saying that they had a DPF.

As for my fuel figures, they were stated a couple of posts above (the one you originally queried).

Mine was new in Dec 2011 STX Auto and it doesn't have one.
I'd like a bigger exhaust but its down the list for mods.

Hi guys,

Just thought is share my experience with the DPF.

I have a 06 STX Auto (spain) with 150,000kms on it. I bought it 30,000Kms ago and did the first 20,000 without too much trouble - fuel economy around 11.5 L/100.

I initially didn't notice too much smoke.

About a month ago the DPF light came on after travelling for about 100kms on open country roads. I continued to drive as the manual stated drive at 80. LIMP MODE - and i'm stuck, literally in a 4wd situation *&*&*%&*.

$600 bucks and 3 days at J.T. Fossey Tamworth. Back in action. They replaced one of the sensors which apparently meant it wouldn't regenerate. The dealer initially told me they couldn't regenerate it and the dpf was rooted.

Monday this week DPF warnign light again. Drove it at 5,000 rpms up a big hill, warning light comes off after 10mins (or so).

Today 300kms after last warning light - DPF warning light drove it like a work car (almost hoping it would blow up), the warning light stayed on for 30 mins. When i got home ignition off and back on again - warning light is off.

A couple of things are concerning me here. A few people have started to comment about the level of smoke when under load (up hills) which wasn't apparent before. Now, i can't notice it so it's not a huge amount but it's there with a DPF?

Could the excess smoke be causing the sensors to clog up, thereby tripping the DPF light?

And if so why do i have excess smoke?

I am considering buying the DPF delete pipe as it appears my DPF is on it's way out after 6 years and 150,000kms. But i don't like blowing smoke - anyone got any suggestions as to what could be causing the smoke? Also if it's the sensors more than the DPF clogging - in theory i will blow the same smoke and the sensors will still clog up.

Is there a way of cleaning the sensors?

Any help will be appreciated - starting to get the shits with the thing.

Back