Diff lock questions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

belch

Reaction score
hey fellas just wanting to know the situation with how the diff locking works in these cars if they have any, (rear and/or front) and how the locking hubs work (mechanical explanation) and if they have no sort of diff lock what are the best kits out there that won’t cause problems . cheers

hey fellas just wanting to know the situation with how the diff locking works in these cars if they have any, (rear and/or front) and how the locking hubs work (mechanical explanation) and if they have no sort of diff lock what are the best kits out there that won’t cause problems . cheers
The D22’s coke stock with Limited Slip Rear Differential, so you already have kind of a diff lock in the rear. most people just put an auto locker (LOKKA)in the front, you won’t deal with the problems of them because it not full time 4WD, also they are the cheaper option for quite good operation.

My understanding of the locking hubs is that they just lock the CV axle to the wheel, attaching your front end to the diff. when unlocked and you put the car in 4wd, no drive goes to your front wheels making them useless. But also don’t drive around the street with them locked because your cornering can become quite annoying.

Anyone correct me if I’m wrong :)

Latest posts

Back