Digoptions Head unit Help Please !

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navchip

Reaction score
G'day all,

I have just installed a digoptions head unit into my 2011 ST Navara and have a bluetooth question if someone can help me please.

I can make calls using either my i phone key pad or the head units key pad and the "outgoing" appears on the unit as per normal and it makes the call through the unit successfully.

But, when someone calls me in the car, my i phone rings but does not ring through the cars speakers,like as if bluetooth is not connected (but it is) I can answer the call via my i phone, but the sound is through my i phone and not the car kit (head unit) until I change the icon on the phone to the car kit after I have answered, and then the call is through the head unit.

The green (phone hand piece) symbol on the head unit does nothing when someone is trying to call me.

I must be doing something wrong somewhere, but have not got a clue.

Please help, thanks in advance.

just a wild guess but surprisingly, most head units dont pair properly with iphones

as i have never heard of a dig-options brand i cant say for sure, but

most of my hd units that i have used (up to 8 in 2 cars) always pioneer or alpine, all were "compatible" with the iphone but only one actually work with the call function

hence why i swapped my iphone for a ipod and handsfree kit (ie. ear piece for walk about and the one that clips to the sun visor)

also, try updating the phone and get an app.. i cant remember which one but there are a few out there who act as bluetooth firmware upgrades to allow proper connections (some also allow p2p)

Last edited:
in my car if i answer using the iphone itself it goes straight to the phone, but if i answer using the "answer" button on the head unit it defaults the head unit. hopefully that makes some sense.

just a wild guess but surprisingly, most head units dont pair properly with iphones

as i have never heard of a dig-options brand i cant say for sure, but

most of my hd units that i have used (up to 8 in 2 cars) always pioneer or alpine, all were "compatible" with the iphone but only one actually work with the call function

hence why i swapped my iphone for a ipod and handsfree kit (ie. ear piece for walk about and the one that clips to the sun visor)

also, try updating the phone and get an app.. i cant remember which one but there are a few out there who act as bluetooth firmware upgrades to allow proper connections (some also allow p2p)

Thanks for your reply, i'll just wait until digoptions replies to my email before I tear more hair out !

in my car if i answer using the iphone itself it goes straight to the phone, but if i answer using the "answer" button on the head unit it defaults the head unit. hopefully that makes some sense.

Sounds similar, I can transfer the answered call from my phone to the head unit after I have answered it, no problem, just can't get the bloody thing to go straight to the head unit and answer it there.
I'll wait for digoptions answer I think.

Thanks for your reply,

Anyone have any issues getting the steering wheel controls to work - the loom supplied with the dig options head unit didn't have the enough plug connections for my 2010 - D40 ST-X dual cab (series 4 spanish)... dig said to cut n shut wires to patch in the steering wheel control wires - I was trying to avoid this in the first place...

Their marketing was too good to be true... full plug n play with steering wheel contol is BS...

DigOptions products are crap at the best of times, surprised he has a unit that actually fits the Navara as previous ones had an issue with the location of the GPS antenna socket that collided with the tubular firewall cross member

Back