Disappointed with New D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To back a couple of folks up about the speedo. At least on the R51 that I have, the car uses the input from all four ABS/traction/stbility control wheel sensors to average it out and determine the speed. Like they said, new cars have to meet an ADR that says that they can read above but not below the true speed so all manufacturers set them up to read high by some amount.

Every new car I have been in since the ADR was changed (Jan 06 I think) has read high by at least 5KMH.

Tell ya, I've learnt way more here from one post than I have from talking to my sales guy after buying the ute and the service guys and mates who are into these cars.
Thanks a heap for your help.
I'm going to finish with this post now and work on specific subjects on other forums. Please keep an eye out for them.
I have to trust what a lot of you are saying is right, and assuming that, it's a credit to this site to have you as members (Old.Tony, KraftyPG)

Great replies gents, especially the stuff about squeaks. My new-to-me 07 D40 squeaks somewhere at the front when I go over small bumps. It's the rubber bungs supporting the bonnet, stupid! A quick spray of silicone - no squeaks!
What a great site......

Doesn't sound to bad. Only squeeks I have expierianced is the rear doors of my King Cab but with a little adjustment of the strikers got around that. Your fuel consumption is not to bad. However I do return low 9's just poking about locally. If I drive like grandma I can manage high 8's. although it does have the EGR blank off plate.

As the other guys have mentioned the suspension is way to soft. Which I actually like around town and on the highway (unloaded) but no good for anything else. Many owners, not just Navara owners fit after market suspension. One thing the D40 really has going for it is it's on road dynamics. The same M.Y. Colorado feels ordinary by comparison.

Found my speedo to exactly 4% out according to the GPS.

One thing I'm not real happy about is the cheap interior plastics, it scratches easy and the gear shift and linkage could do with sorting out. I imagine the gearshift is going to feel very ordinary with 200,000K's on it. Otherwise it's not to bad a thing for what after all is a truck.

If you want squeeks and rattles, buy a defender :) My old ute I had to turn the stereo up to drown out the noise. On the up side, at least I couldnt hear the mrs nag me :) Then she pushed me to trade it in so we could atleast talk while out and about hahaha.

Last edited:
- it's supposed to be a serious 4WD

HUGE mistake ^.....who gave you that idea....no factory sold "dualcab ute" to the public is a serious 4bee.

maybe you need one of these....

Attachments

• f650.jpg
    f650.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 69
I thought I was bein nice
It's very hard to hold back with so much ammo
Ile try and contain myself
No promises but

Latest posts

Back