Dodgy d22?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jardz91

Reaction score
Just woundering how everyone has found thier d22 for reliability? I've got an 01 with only 120 000km's on it. for the first three years I owned it not a fault but in the last 6 months and 8000km's I've blown the motor up, worn out the front hubs, brakes, blew the turbo up. snapped front and rear diff. It seems if I fix one thing another thing goes. :( has anyone else had this much trouble with thiers?

Just woundering how everyone has found thier d22 for reliability? I've got an 01 with only 120 000km's on it. for the first three years I owned it not a fault but in the last 6 months and 8000km's I've blown the motor up, worn out the front hubs, brakes, blew the turbo up. snapped front and rear diff. It seems if I fix one thing another thing goes. :( has anyone else had this much trouble with thiers?

somethings not right there.
i'm picking a very hard driver.
motor may be the grenade issue ie hole in piston.
turbo is often lack of letting it cool down and poor maintenance.
i've never heard of wearing out front hubs, brake pads will do 200k and discs 300-400k.
blowing diffs sounds like hard driving on light drive train. front diff is very small.

mate ive had a shit run to but dont believe much at all has to do with the car but more to the last owner.
rear brake pads and cylinder
all control arm bushings
drag link
idler arm
lower ball joints
cvs and hubs (my bad lol)
leaf springs
turbo
engine.
most recently when the engine blew i thought long and hard about selling and getting a new ute but i thought with everything ive fixed ill stick with it because i think the last driver flogged it and now ive fixed most of it i dont want it to be for nothing.mines a single cab 04 dx.

yea mines a single cab 01 dx. Turbo is always cooled. I installed a turbo timer when I got it. just seems to be so much all so recent...

Back