Door won't unlock

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lever

Reaction score
Ok my front drivers door is locked, really locked.
Have remote control, and central locking.
The door is shut.
Key on the outside won't turn.
The locking lever on the inside won't move.
The remote won't move actuater.
The door is shut, so i can't open to get the door card off and poke around..
Any ideas please.

Would disconnecting the battery and taking power away allow the key to work? Never had central locking.

I thought of disconnecting battery, but was told that computer system would not like it.
And Nissan Dealer would have to reset, is this info incorrect.

No that's not correct... It will just reset the engine computer but you don't need to take it to Nissan to have it reprogrammed....

No that's not correct... It will just reset the engine computer but you don't need to take it to Nissan to have it reprogrammed....
Isn't it good to reset the ECU every once in a while anyway?

It would just be like if your battery went dead or died completely and you had to jump start or get a new battery, you wouldn't tow it to Nissan to have it done.

Yep, that's right...

As for the problem, that seems like a strange one... Unless something in the lock mechanism has actually broken and jammed up

Thank you, i will try too disconnect battery tomorrow, but i don't think it will help much.
But you got to try everything..

Earlier today i had the RAA around to try and fix problem, but he had no luck..

Booked into Unley Nissan early Tues..
If it can't be unlocked, the only way that you can get to the lock is to cut out the door card ( inside door panel )
so it's going to be expensive.

May have to go the old coat hanger trick and much patience.
Or
Remove the door handle, arm rest, etc and try and release the upper part of the door card by popping the clips out and lean it back as fat as possible trying not to break it then see if you can reach down and release the lock mechanism somehow, worst case break/cut the door card to get access and release the lock and make a trip to the wreckers for a replacement door card
Or
Locksmith
Or
RACV/Q/whatever state your in can open doors I'm pretty sure with a balloon thingy I think... Mate lost his keys at Southern 80 few years back and they came and worked their magic so he could get to the spare key he left in his glove box (why you would leave a spare in the glove box and have to call someone to break into your care to get it I don't know!)

Keep us updated, might help someone in future.

Good luck!

Ok i fixed it.
Had to undo passenger side door card to see what was going on.
Then had to crawl, slither, and pour myself into the drivers seat,
then pull, reef, jerk, lever, manipulate, and ever so gentle lift the door card from the top, with the window down.

Not an easy task, but with lots of swearing, and abuse, i finally moved it enough.
Glad i'm deaf, didn't have to listen to some old fart swearing and the dog next door continuously barking at the racket i was making.
Anyway was able to slide, pour my hand down in the gap and pull the door opener rod.
Looks like the screws on the actuator shaft came loose and jammed the door locked..

Abuse and persuasion of such things is part and parcel and this needs to happen to force a result.

Glad to hear you got it sorted

Yes got it nearly fixed now.
Only broke the plastic tabs holding the two rods on the inner door handle.
So cheaper than posting my car to Nissan Dealer, imagine how much that would have cost me...

Yea and the apprentices at Nissan would still be looking at it thinking of grinding a hole on the outside to unlock it, then install a pad bolt for your convenience.... Sorry there in go being sarcastic again... Glad you got it sorted and saved a wad of cash mate...

mine did the same thing mate. the actuator on my driver side door failed and became jammed. couldn't use the key to unlock it or the fob. i could get in through the passenger side door then had to try to pull the trim away to undo the locking screws on the actuator rod. Pain in the ass but got there after many hours of swearing!

Yes it was a pain, used Locktight on all fine threaded screws and put back.
With the actuator rod angle changed, it now works better and doesn't fowl up on anything now..

Glad i didn't have to take it to the dealers, if i did i would be staying and watching it like a hawk..

The last time a dealer had a ute of mine overnight ( a full 2 days in 1989 )
i picked it up the next day, with an extra 75 ks on it.
Found out it was used to do some deliveries, and the mechanic used it as his work car and took it home.

i know that feeling mate, i took a ute in for a road worthy and when i picked it up it had his mail plus his lunch rubbish in it! Turns out he used it as a run around for the day and then wrote me up like a couple thousand dollars worth of work to roadworthy it. Took it to another bloke and he passed it after i put a hundred dollars or so of parts into it.

Latest posts

Back