DOT targeting 4x4s on the Sunshine Coast

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terra88

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd let you all know that recently the dept of transport has been targeting 4x4's on the coast. They seem to be always set up along fishermans road at maroochydore.
I have had three mates done in the last month and the latest was a mates nav for the tyres sticking out the gaurds. He only has 265's on and doesn't look illegal at all.

Cheers Lee

In qld there is no annual pink slip inspection
They have heaps of dot inspectors all over the state doing random safety checks all the time
Personally I think its a better and safer system than our annual safety checks

In qld there is no annual pink slip inspection
They have heaps of dot inspectors all over the state doing random safety checks all the time
Personally I think its a better and safer system than our annual safety checks

You mean the "Annual Mechanic's Welfare Levy"

It's the coppers doing the rounds here on the Capricorn Coast, pulling over every 4wd that looks a bit modified. They're picking on everything from tyres, lifts and even mudflap length.

It's got to the point where my apprentice is thinking of selling his Patrol, I suggested maybe he should just make it legal! :sarcastic:

He only got done for the tyres sticking out past the flares (les then an inch mind you) the didn't say anything about the exhaust but apart from that his it pretty stock. But another mate gone done for everything, hid lights, exhaust to close to fuel tank, oil leaks etc etc.

Think at the end of the day it just depends on the officer that pulls you over.

Latest posts

Back