Dpf delete sensors? Remap?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leethal

Reaction score
Hi all, new to this forum, please go easy on me.
I have an 08 D40 Spanish, owned since new and love the car, even with all its faults.
One of those (many) faults is the dpf. A neighbour diesel mechanic did a delete on it, by punching out all the insides so it still looks OK from outside, and blanked off the EGR for me. This allowed me to continue to use the car. I have now been told it needs to be tuned because it's been deleted? No one up here in Mackay will touch it as its done over 350k and has original injectors. I read on one of these threads about changing sensors? Someone called Aughie? Im not sure how to find him on here? Is this what I can do so I can drive it again? I used to do a lot of hwy miles and tow with it regularly. The rego is due, and this is its last chance.

I'm assuming the DPF light is coming on? If so, auggie's replacement sensors will fix it. They fixed mine, it was as easy as removing the old ones, installing his and driving. It was like magic.

You don't need to edit the ECU or anything, and there's really no need to even get auggie's sensors unless that DPF light is coming on (which means your sensors are toast).

Thanks Old.Tony It's blowing heaps of smoke and sluggish. I will start the old girl up tomorrow and see if the light is still on the dash.

if i remember right one issue with these is if you remove the cat (as well as the dpf) you will get a lot of white smoke regardless of sensors.
these engine pour fuel down the exhaust on a regular basis regardless if the dpf needs it or not. the fuel uses the cat to burn, if the cat is not there it makes white smoke. afaik it needs a remap to turn the injection off.
however i may be wrong i usually don't do much with d40's.

It does belch a tonne of white smoke if it thinks it needs to regen. Just ask the copper that pulled me over for a roadside random breath test less than a minute after mine started looking more like Thomas the Tank Engine. I had to turn the engine off, it even blew (clouds of) smoke at idle. Mine has no CAT or DPF.

Auggie's replacement sensors fixed the problem. I don't know if the ECU would trigger on the pressure sensor (mounted on the left hand guard near the ABS unit, two rubber hoses coming off joining onto two metal pipes). My guess is that the modified sensors place the ECU in a position where it wouldn't consider doing a regen (perhaps reporting cold exhaust?). Mine hasn't blinked once since I replaced the sensors many thousands of km ago.

If my memory is correct, Auggie's sensors are cheaper on an exchange basis?
The mechanic that I previously used didn't know if my cat was also buggered so I went the more expensive remap route with 3" exhaust and high flow cat.
More oomph than stock but definitely less than the chip I removed.
All performed by a flash, yet one of the most dodgy companies that I have had the misfortune of giving my money.
I have a lovely laminated dyno sheet here which I know is an absolute lie.
Despite subsequently having to have the dump pipe section of the new exhaust replaced elsewhere due to fracturing and a rough idle post remap, I am generally happy. At least the DPF can no longer cause me grief.

Auggie sensor's would have been my best option but at the time I wasn't sure that was going to resolve my problem.

Bumping this thread. I am also interested in buying Auggie´s sensors.
How do I order / get in contact ?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back