Drinks This Weekend

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old.Tony

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Just thought I'd throw the idea of having a couple of hours at a nice little pub somewhere in the Hunter area this coming Sunday.

Dave and I might just accidentally happen to have some Navara D40 Manuals on CD* that magically appeared when this little green guy with an Irish accent appeared next to my boot as I was walking through Morton National Park on the weekend. These CDs wondrously have the 2005 European D40 manual in its entirety on them. We're absolutely stunned as to how this happened but if you ask no questions we'll not tell any (more) lies.

If you want one, come along, have a drink, meet some forum users and generally scoff at the lack of suction on my snorkel you're more than welcome to come along!

Start: say, 1pm or so

Where? Let's pick a place. We could try the Royal River Inn in Swan St, Morpeth, but we can go anywhere ya'll like. The Hunter River Inn in East Maitland has plenty of parking so it's not a bad venue.

* These are not genuine, the Leprechaun had a patch over one eye, a parrot on his shoulder and a wooden leg. Every "B'gosh and Begorra" was punctuated by "Arrr!" so there's a good chance that the origin is questionable, but hey it's a bloody manual we can't otherwise get!

As much as I don't mind a drink now and again it's a bit far for me to travel for a dvd they sell on ebay for $3.99 so I'll have too pass on this trip

Anyone around Newy/Maitland who is after a D22 disk let me know in advance if your coming and Ill bring disks along.

Dave.

Have you worked out where? I'll know if we're gonna go for a drive closer to the day!

Brad

I think the Hunter River Inn in East Maitland is probably better given we know it's got a decent car park out back. Turn NORTH off New England highway at East Maitland onto Melbourne St and take the last right before the railway underpass. Pub's on the corner, we'll be parked out the back.

Sounds awesome guys i live in BROKE but work in Singleton, so the locations you are speaking of are right within reach..... however..... my wife is studying certificate III in fitness in armidale and this weekend coming is our armidale weekend for the month so unfortunately i wont be able to make it, that being said i would be more than a little interested in another "drinks" day, perhaps at the Wollombi tavern??? We could start in Cessnock perhaps and i could take you the "long" way over part of the broken back ranges, coming out just near Wollombi and head to the tavern for lunch & beers & beers & beers & beers and then wifey drives home!!! hoooray!!!! lol let me kow what you guys think of that idea I could organise something further down the line this year??

Yea ive seen your D40 in McNamara park a couple times tony, might have to come for a wander with a six pack next time you are there, im literally 2 mins stroll from the park

We've been looking to buy in that area, Broke's a lovely place. Maybe something a little off the main road would be perfect.

I don't drink alcohol - I'm not quite the life of the party! If you're itching for a nice cup of tea and some home-made scones though, just head on over. If the wife doesn't make scones, she makes cookies - either triple choc or white macadamia.

sounds great mate, we are looking at selling mate maybe we should talk lol, 3 bedroom with polished timber floors through out (real not fake ;) on half acre with reverse cycle split system aircon, fireplace for winter, new kitchen, full length front and rear verandahs, $3500 worth of fully automatic pop up irrigation system lol should i keep goin?

We're not quite ready to bite the bullet, the youngest has to get through Uni first, and since she's heading for dual degrees with double majors in one, plus a Dip Ed on the back end, we're looking at between 5-7 years still.

The house sounds exactly right though!

I went and waited about an hour and a half looking at a pair of navs just a short distance from mine. I went and sat in my car for a bit of that and no show from anyone else so I took a ride up to Morpeth and checked out the pub there - glad we didn't choose it there's not a lot of parking around especially if it's busy.

I've several CDs with the manual on it now, I guess I'll take them with me when we go here in June.

i wouldnt make it past Blakeneys Pies!!!! best pies around. Would love to catch up but already have plans this weekend....another time for sure.

Bakers Cottage do better pies.

Hey Tony will have to catch up again.

Should do a easy run day.

Dave.

Sounds like a plan, Dave. We recently did one through Chichester forest, just before my enforced rest.

It would be great to do an easy run with a sausage sanger lunch one day. We've got fridge and cooking stuff on board and the butcher at Markettown in Newcastle sells thick sausages that are very good.

Back