Driving from Thailand to Oz

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's having a big nose got to do with it?

So when is this trek suppose to be happening kwilko?

"Long Snorkel" - I gave up on this forum for a while because of the puerile and fatuous replies I kept getting........seems I grossly overestimated the intellect of the average poster here.

If you have a genuine concern for all things ecological and the time to make an effort, get in touch.

otherwise if you think your posts are "humorous" why not check with your mates before posting, if they roll around the floor laughing then post, but if they just smile politely and walk away, why not hold that post?

Last edited:
What's having a big nose got to do with it?

So when is this trek suppose to be happening kwilko?

"Trek" should be towards the end of next year.
timing has to be flexible as there is a mountain of bureaucracy to overcome - I may break the trip into different "legs" - the first being Laos and Thailand. This might help to get the ball rolling. Then I have to put in place the correct permissions and carnets for ASEAN and OZ.

I have various sponsors to get on board. Once a concrete proposal is in front of them, they may bite. I am in the process for editing a PP presentation for submission to prospective sponsors.

i am looking for people who can offer appropriate skills. They also need a good appreciation of the issues involved.

I'm not sure whether posting on this site was a good idea really - it seems most people here are Australians who have little or no experience of "foreign" travel.

"Big nose"? - sorry you've lost me

Mate it's not worth insulting us we are mostly Australian but our experiences are many and varied. I'm sure people would be interested if things were explained better. I just had a quick read of the entire thread and sure things went miles off topic and there were jokes made but if you re-read your opening post you'll see that you really didn't explain anything. That doesn't make the jokes right but it's not like people were doing it just to annoy you, they were trying to create conversation.

I'm not interested in getting involved but I'm interested in seeing where this story goes as I believe others are but to me there is a real lack of information about how things will go. You never know if you explain things better and with more details you might even find someone willing to offer you assistance. We are a wide variety of people on this forum and have a wide variety of skills and someone might just have the time and skills to offer you something, but you need to get your message across properly.

If you flag the thread and get the moderators to delete the off topic posts or give up on this one and start a new thread explaining what you are doing, what you hope to achieve and what you need you'll get more worthwhile responses than in a thread that's already gone off topic with jokes and insults.

you mean you didn't understand the OP?
well if I didn't understand, I'd ask questions.
what is your problem with the post - please be specific. I'm certainly not posting personal info as there are negotiations in progress.
i think that if anyone was interested they might have asked less facile questions - don't you?

PS - This site is called Navara ASIA .com not Aussie larrikin.com

Last edited:
The site name is irrelevant (and run from Australia), members are allowed from anywhere, the fact that most of us are Aussies has no bearing on how the site is run or populated.

No one is asking for personal information , no one is asking to know information about your negotiations but if you read that first post and think that offers enough information for people to make an informed decision then obviously there is a communication problem.

I doubt anyone denies that questions could have been asked instead of jokes but there was questions asked and while some answers were given attitude (similar to that you claim we aren't allowed to offer) was also given so it's not all the fault of those making jokes. Some people learn to get along with jokes, whether they flag the joke posts for deletion or just ignore them and some don't but throwing insults rarely wins friends.

Look I doubt anyone here will loose any sleep if you don't tell your story there is millions of other stories they can get involved in but if you want to tell it I'm sure people will listen. You're other thread about heaters in D40's ended in a similar fashion, again jokes and silliness came into that thread but again you chose to insult people when you didn't get what you wanted. I don't know if this is a language/communication problem or what it is but you're defensiveness is as much a factor as any one of us and our comments.

So please feel free to start a new thread, tell your story, ask questions, ask for help and keep us informed because as previously stated I'm sure you will find an audience, also have the thread moderated if too many 'facile' questions get asked but do it before you offer up insults and claims about the type of people that populate the forum and you'll get a hell of a lot better reception from us Aussie larrikins.

Latest posts

Back