dtuk chip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys.
Anyone with a dtuk chip and towing a van or boat
Wondering what setting you have and what it's like
and any idea on EGT's

I have the older dtuk injector chip on my 08 kingcab.i currently have it on the base setting.....and yes it will rise your egts....do you have a gauge fitted now?

I have had the chip on for around 60,000ks or so, a fair bit with the van in tow and no other mods. Auto with DPF.

The TC only locks in OD on my model and the chip definitely helps keep it in overdrive and therefore save fuel however it is not the be all and end all. If conditions are such that it can't maintain OD, it will almost certainly will use more fuel than without the chip.

A fair bit of towing has been done on map 4 + 1 however it is currently on map 1 + 1 and have probably done 15,000ks towing on that setting, and will leave it there. I understand that it is a matter of trial and error because what is a suitable setting on one D40 is not neccssarily suitable on another.

Can't help with EGT's. They keep the DPF clean :wink:

Edit: I should have also mentioned that with all things being equal, it allows me to cruise when towing at a higher average speed (which is still pretty slow compared to some!).

Last edited:
Mine....yes its increased but thats what im going for..but if you drive it normally id say its the same..as your getting better torque with less peddle.

Back