Dual Battery in tub

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does a 2010 D22 have a smart alternator? Im not sure now long it will be before I put a solar panel on. Could be 12 months. Just need the batteries hooked up before Easter

Not that I'm aware of, Josh. Watch a voltmeter (like one of those cheap ones you can stick in the ciggy lighter socket) - if yours stays around 14V the entire time, yours is good.

Josh. Our quality trusted d22 have no smart alternator. Mine doesn't Atleast it's an 09 model. It's only really for these smarter electrical cars that only getting driven on the black top like the d40 lol. I wouldn't skimp on a dc to dc battery charger as it'll only end up in heartache earlier rather then later. I am hoping to get myvpanel mounted soon just so busy with work etc and also running outta room to do it, not to mention this bs heat.

Rusty

Yeah what rusty said the pov pack navara aka D22 has all the basic. In saying that I'd be happy with a standard alternator & the stock hight of the 22s with the size and comfort of a d40.

Is it worth the extra cash? Also what size cable would I need to run so it would work in my ute? Does is just need 12v.
If I made the battery portable could I plug it into the rear cig socket of my wifes xtrail if she needs the fridge for a day at the park?

Is it worth the extra cash? Also what size cable would I need to run so it would work in my ute? Does is just need 12v.
If I made the battery portable could I plug it into the rear cig socket of my wifes xtrail if she needs the fridge for a day at the park?

You might need to look at the specs and see the amp draw on it. Seeing they put out 25a I would think they would need to draw at least that much, which is a bit much for a CIG socket. The fridge should last a day on the battery though easily without it being charged... You could always run and Anderson plug on it and run some heavier wiring in the xtrail, maybe 50a just to leave a bit in reserve...

Ok I have my ctec 250s dual. In the book it says 4mm2 wire for power in up to 2m. 6mm2 for 5m

Then only 1.5mm2 for lead to ground. Does this sound correct? Pictures below
uploadfromtaptalk1395907690436.jpguploadfromtaptalk1395907764956.jpg

It's only charging at 25 amps and sometimes it doesn't even reach that. I upted mine to 13mm2 and resused some 25mm2 I had already from the redarc solenoid. Earth wire I would use the sane stuff you gonna use for the rest

I'm not putting it in the tub anymore. So the cable should only be about 3m long max. Ill buy some able on my way home from work tomorrow. Ctec is going to live in the cabin behind the glove box and battery will be in engine bay

It's only charging at 25 amps and sometimes it doesn't even reach that. I upted mine to 13mm2 and resused some 25mm2 I had already from the redarc solenoid. Earth wire I would use the sane stuff you gonna use for the rest

Hey mate. Quick question on the ctek can I just earth it close to the charger or do I have to runs neg cable from the start battery?

Hey mate. Quick question on the ctek can I just earth it close to the charger or do I have to runs neg cable from the start battery?

You can do either way, as long as there's a good path from where you're earthing it to up to the battery.

Historically that's been an iffy thing. Sometimes the tub doesn't earth well, and your battery system will be kaput if it goes astray. Running a separate cable from the battery is simple insurance against any sort of failure like that - it leaves you in complete control, and allows you to have confidence in the system.

I'm going to run an earth to a bolt on the chassis from the ctek. I gave already added an earth strap to help get a better connection when I originally put my led reverse lights in

Latest posts

Back