Dual battery isolator

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What model Navara do you own?, if you could supply those details a member should be able to suggest the best location. What isolator do you intend to fit as well?.

There's a little room behind the battery (sort of in front of the brake booster back about level with the EGR valve) but it's close to a lot of heat. Might not be the bestest place in the world for it.

I'm building my own power distribution panel and my intention is to drop it between the headlight and the battery. This will feed power to the headlights, 3 sets of driving lights, 2 sets of power feeds to the rear (tub and tow), electric brakes and my new air horn (no more girly horn for me!). Things should be a little nicer to electronics in there.

Thanks guys.
John, I have a 2010 Navara ST D40. I have a Redarc isolator.
Tony, I'd like to see how you go about that. I am quite electrically challenged!
I have temporarily strapped it to the square plastic cable cover on the firewall above the brake booster

On my D40, using a Redarc isolator, I bent over one of the tabs at 90 degrees and then fitted it to the battery hold down clamp, seemed the easiest place to fit it away from everything else.

Where's your Aux. Battery installed?
I run my isolator in the tray with my dual battery panel. Use wire thick enough to handle the amperage and you won't experience voltage drop.

Latest posts

Back