dual battery setup

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shane

Reaction score
Hey guys iv read heaps of chats about the stock duel battery systems in the later model d22 and am abit confused about the cable from the passenger battery to the altenator. If u disconnect it how does the second battery charge

it wont be charged until you install a solenoid or dc/dc charger
we disconnect the second battery from car curcuit and charge it seperatly
the 2nd battery can then be used to run accesories like fridges,inverters ect without the risk of flattening the main car battery
hope this clears it up a bit for you

Last edited:
I've only just done this to mine this past week end. all seems well and was easy enough. just wondering if anyone else has done it and have feed back as a long term setup? stock cranking battery last ok or best replace with higher cca?

that's what I was hoping to hear :) did you up grade your accessory battery or leave the other one in until it had enough? ill just be running my fridge and few camp lights off it for now not sure how well it will last tho?

i gave 2nd factory battery to someone who needed it
i use optima's for my aux batteries

the std one will do the job till you can afford a deep cycle

That sounds easy enough has anyone removed the cable from the passenger battery to the altenator or just disconnected it and taped it up. If so how hard is it to do

Ok this is out of my league a bit I want to hook up dual batteries but I'm a bit lost on what to buy I'm looking at but a kit off eBay it's a sbi12kit redark full kit would this and some 12 volt plugs be all I need ?

Had mine in for prob 2 years now too, still going fine. The aux battery has been run dead flat a few times (the original isolator I had wasn't connecting the batteries) so I replaced that a few months ago with a projecta one and it has been fine since.

I believe the wiring goes back to the starter motor, you can remove it if you want, I didn't bother. Mine is just taped up with the factory terminal still on it and tied back near the air filter housing.

Latest posts

Back