Dual battery tray

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cabhsv

Reaction score
Has any one made there own dual battery tray for a d22 3ltr navara if so do you have the plans or measurements.

Have you got a Snorkel ?

If not remove the prefilter and put the battery at the front, get a tray from a 4Runner and mod it.

Dave.

In that case rip the pre filter out and then look for a suitable tray to put a big battery at the front.

Dave.

And then go through the pain in the arse of moving it all if you get a snorkel :eviltongue:

I'm not adding a snorkel but I am going to move my second battery around in the tub a bit and I really wish I could have found the inclination to build the battery box I am going to now build 12 months ago instead of taking the easy option at the time. I've got to add 6 feet of cabling to my battery leads, re-route part of the cable, re-route my lighting system and still build the bloody box. It's all achievable just annoying considering I really wanted to do this first time around but for some reason changed my mind.

I found one at the wreckers today for $80.00.I was stoked.Try and get a battery tray off a europian d22 as they came standard with dual batteries.

dont all Thai D22's have dual batteries? from memory they are connected together for increased cranking power, not as an auxilliary and starter. they are located where Dave suggested, up front near the filter. mine is against teh firewall behind the filter squeezed between the fuel filter and guard. cant get a very big battery in there though. if you want a decent one, i'd be tempted to put it in the tray like Krafty says.

I don't think they were the thai built ones.I could be wrong.My neighbour has one but it was built for the europian market.Thay have extre shit in them for the cold climate.I havn't has a decent look at it yet.It is back at Nissan at the moment for blowing smoke and has alot of rattles.

A D22 with problems? I find that hard to believe are you sure it's not a D40 with a D22 shell.

Oh and I was ragging poor Davey boy and his ideas above, despite being rude and poking my tongue at him (he honestly loves it). It's just worth thinking before doing something like taking the place of another item you might one day want and finding you have to remove everything. I'm doing the same now and will have to do quite a bit of engineering and re-wiring to remodel the back of my tub to do something I shouldn't have been lazy with in the first place.

I made my own, put the fuel filter between air cleaner and precleaner. I do have pics on my phone but lost the cable to connect to computer. If your going to do it this way make the bracket and move fuel fiter first, than make the braket to suit for the battery. I modified a 95 Honda Accord tray (I work at a dealership) and it bolts to a bracket. I used existing holes for both brackets so there was no need to drill holes. Its a clean fit and im happy with both brackets, if I find cable I will post pics or if you live in S E QLD you can have a look at it.

D22 battery tray

I bought a large battery tray from Battery World, removed the pre-cleaner, attached a couple of robust legs to new tray and bolted it in using original bolt holes. The tray cost $18. Easily holds a 100ah Marine Century. Ran +ve cable around firewall and -ve to earth. Easy looks good and solid as a rock. all connected thru an ARB Sidewinder isolator.

I bought a large battery tray from Battery World, removed the pre-cleaner, attached a couple of robust legs to new tray and bolted it in using original bolt holes. The tray cost $18. Easily holds a 100ah Marine Century. Ran +ve cable around firewall and -ve to earth. Easy looks good and solid as a rock. all connected thru an ARB Sidewinder isolator.

Any chance you can post up a photo for those of us without very good imaginations?

Latest posts

Back