Dump pipe brace

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scouse

Reaction score
HI
The dump pipe on my STR 3ltr turbo has again broken the welds at the flange, Turbo end, I was thinking has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it.

I was thinking of putting a brace on the lower portion of the dump pipe and conecting it to the block or bell housing so the pipe did not flex has anyone done this

regards
Scouse

what dump pipe dod you have?
mine came with bracket to brace it to the block. also does you exhaust system have a flexi pipe in it.

The dump pipe that I have bought but haven't installed as yet, doesn't have a brace either it is an Advanced Exhaust Headers Brand my is Stainless steel.

Hi Mate

not sure of the make of dump pipe I will check and let you know,I do have a flex joint.
can you tell me how many hanging rubber brackets hold your exhaust,and where is the bracket mounted on your dump ,top or bottom
regards and thanks
Scouse

hi all, I too am wondering if a brace is needed for the dump pipe, I've got a 2 1/2 inch exhaust with a bit of flex pipe in it but the first hanger is the one that comes from the transfer case, wondering if that is too far down the line and putting too much stress on the turbo flange and studs? Also, on the flex pipe, one of the ends rubs a tiny bit on the heat shield at full accelleration, is there anyway i could fix this? Thanks guys!

If you do the engine mounts so the engine doesnt rock around much you wont need the brace to the engine.

If you dont do the mounts its better to have it braced.

As the next movement point is at the turbo exhaust housing where it bolts to the centre section.

Which on the yd25 engines the centre section is held to the exhaust housing by a V band style clamp. If you put a lever bar on this without the exhaust connected i would expect you could easily rotate the housing/centresection.

In saying all that mine has twin pipes coming out of the turbo and it is unbraced on stock engine mounts. But it deff moves around to much for my liking.

I will most likely try and stop the engine rocking so much.
Doing both would be the best way to sort it out.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back