Dump pipe cat delete 2002 d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustynutter

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking at doing a cat delete anyone have an old turbo or exhaust flange they can trace/send to me so I can fabricate the cat delete pipe got a 2.5 in exhaust but want the cat gone. Or is that not necessary.

thats alot of stuffing around just to fit a 2.5 inch pipe. atleast 2.75 to 3 inch pipe mate and either fit a free flow cat or leave your existing cat on. big fines if your caught without a cat fitted.

The existing cast iron pot-belly stove of a dump pipe isnt a bad design. Even though its pretty small at the neck, its a proper divided design, although the cat material itself is very dense and restrictive.
Easiest cat delete is the big screwdriver and a hammer.
2.5" exhaust is fine if its a good design. Any bigger is only of benefit if you want more noise or your bends could be a bit better.
If you really have your heart set on it just trace the gaskets and make your own flanges out of some 8 or 10mm plate. Thats how i did mine after getting a dud flange off ebay that i couldnt use.
Speaking of ebay, see if you can get a catless dump pipe off there. Save yourself a lot of grief.

Last edited:
I've already got a 2.5 inch exhaust nice big radius bends and free flow muffler. Im a fitter Turner/welder by trade. Looking at the cat replacement because it looks restrictive mainly where it bolts to the back of the turbo if you guy's think it's of little gain then well bugger it I'll just drive the bastard.

Sorry i was just thinking you'd have the existing dump off already if you were to start fabbing so you could use your existing gasket. If you want to build it before disassembling stuff it couldnt hurt to get another gasket, and maybe a dump pipe from the wreckers or something to jig off. The stock dumps arent thaaaat bad but they do bottle neck down pretty small at either end and the catalyst inside is very close packed.

Latest posts

Back