dvd screen in d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slyd40

Reaction score
quick question i am looking at doing a dvd head unit in the dash is there any brands people are useing or problems or advice for fitting them i am a mechanic so i have basic know how of electronics thanks

With any of them, take care with the earth, as it seems to share an earth with the dash.

Mine's a Pioneer F900BT. It can have an auxiliary screen, takes actual DVDs but won't play them on the front screen if the handbrake is disengaged. You can hang the aux screen over the seat or mount from the roof (ugh) for the kids.

On top of that, it has fairly good GPS navigation (it's the Igo 8 with Nuance's RealSpeak for brilliant text-to-speech). It has bluetooth that pairs with your phone nicely, has an iPod attachment and can play MP3 files from dvd, USB hard drive/stick or SD card. It also knows what a reversing camera is.

It's expensive, but it's not a bad unit. It runs Windows CE v5, so it has the foibles of Windows - you have to wait for it to start before doing stuff.

Got a spare $3K ? JB Hifi sells the unit too.

iv got 7" dvd player EONEN brand...excellent value for money...cost me $230 del...i bought 2 and both working fine...see my garage for a pic

With any of them, take care with the earth, as it seems to share an earth with the dash.

Mine's a Pioneer F900BT. It can have an auxiliary screen, takes actual DVDs but won't play them on the front screen if the handbrake is disengaged. You can hang the aux screen over the seat or mount from the roof (ugh) for the kids.

On top of that, it has fairly good GPS navigation (it's the Igo 8 with Nuance's RealSpeak for brilliant text-to-speech). It has bluetooth that pairs with your phone nicely, has an iPod attachment and can play MP3 files from dvd, USB hard drive/stick or SD card. It also knows what a reversing camera is.

It's expensive, but it's not a bad unit. It runs Windows CE v5, so it has the foibles of Windows - you have to wait for it to start before doing stuff.

Got a spare $3K ? JB Hifi sells the unit too.

Old Tony,

Can your steering wheel controls be integated with the unit?

Triple check the depth of the unit you choose . Almost all of the Chinese clones of the VMS all in one unit won't fit as the GPS antenna socket lines up perfectly with the tubular cross member on the firewall. VMS fits perfectly although it is expensive.

Latest posts

Back