Dyno results

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunny Coaster

Reaction score
Had my Nav dyno'd at All Star Tuning in North Bris a few wks ago.
Nav 2011 2.5 STR
Current engine mods... 3" turbo back exhaust, steinbauer chip and erg mod
After a few runs it made 121HP at 18psi, we tried higher boost but did nothing to gain power and it wouldnt have been the best for the engine.
We were hoping for 150HP but fell pretty short, Lost around 10-15HP due to tyre size (32" mt's) and the steinbauer can't really be messed with so a full custum tuned that a chip it module could offer couldn't be done.

There knowledge was great but I found there service very slow and they were moving slower than snails, all up I was there for over 3 and a half hr's which was really annoying as the tune could have easily been done in an hr.
If I ever get it tuned again I will be looking at doing it else where.

If they were monitoring egt and afr you would have seen lifting the boost would have dramatically helped the engine out.

Especially with having a steinbauer in there something like 20-22psi would be a nice level to settle on.

Last edited:
Stock boost was at 16psi and they were monitoring everything, they tried 18psi to 25psi and showed me the results but 18 is where it was performing the best.

Steinbauer chips can be custom tuned but only a few dealers have the software to do it. I know a guy in Tamworth and another in sydney that have it. Not sure of any more tho.

sounds about right for a steinbauer, I'd be happy with that considering a stock one does like ~85HP

The poor old yd25 without a vnt turbo just cant produce any really good numbers without being nothing short of ridiculous in the smoke depertment below 2500rpm unfortunately.

I would say the results you have achieved are pretty good overall..

Maybe if you are shooting for more power a water methanol kit would be much more beneficial than getting the chip to pump in more diesel..

Those engines are extremely common for cracking the exhaust manifold's due to the constant high egt's caused by the lack of a vnt turbo, just something to keep in mind.

Talking about modifying chips, I have done the exhaust 3inch, added a water to air intercooler and new garret ball bearing turbo (mike Vine) but I have the Tunit chip which has been upgraded mapping, it is at is limit, after a dyno run from Mike he suggested if I change to a chip that could handle more programming he could get more out of the tune....would you recommend the Chip it??....D22 3l

All in all I'm pretty happy with the results and 121HP is more than enough for what I do in the Nav. We went through all of the results on all of the runs DieselTuner but once again Fuel,air and all te other stuff was best at 18psi, If I want more power down the track I'll buy a 4.2 Patrol

Talking about modifying chips, I have done the exhaust 3inch, added a water to air intercooler and new garret ball bearing turbo (mike Vine) but I have the Tunit chip which has been upgraded mapping, it is at is limit, after a dyno run from Mike he suggested if I change to a chip that could handle more programming he could get more out of the tune....would you recommend the Chip it??....D22 3l

the only thing you can adjust on a ZD30 powered D22 is the spill valve im pretty sure so would likely be a waste of money.

Dunno why people still want to buy chip it after all the bad wrap they keep getting.

The Guy that tuned my Nav loves the chip it modules but also stated that steinbauer is by far the safer option.... He did say that a intercooler upgrade would help gain better power as the standard coolers restrct them

so a better or bigger intercooler is better than getting a chip? how much are you looking at to buy and install a better intercooler? can they be located in the same position as the stock one?

so a better or bigger intercooler is better than getting a chip? how much are you looking at to buy and install a better intercooler? can they be located in the same position as the stock one?
What they mean mate is once you start pushing a heap of fuel and boost through it the stock i/cooler cannot cope and you will see a reduction in h/power spending close to a grand an a replacement for a near stock car would be a waste of money and only a tiny power increase.

All in all I'm pretty happy with the results and 121HP is more than enough for what I do in the Nav. We went through all of the results on all of the runs DieselTuner but once again Fuel,air and all te other stuff was best at 18psi, If I want more power down the track I'll buy a 4.2 Patrol

The 4.2 patrol is only 98kw stock anyway. When I bought my shorty brand new in 94 I fitted a DTS turbo turned up the fuel and boost to 18psi. Then fitted a front mount and the total power then was 155kw. I could brake traction on 35's which was pretty impressive. They are a great reliable engine.

Haha frying 35's is pretty bloody impressive, a GU ute with a 5" lift and 35's would be nice but I love the practicability of having a duel cab and in my eye's you can't beat the d22 for what you get for your money. Ive worked away since I brought it 2 and a half yr's ago until about 5wk's ago so hopefully now I'm home full time I'll get to enjoy it and the money i've put into it a bit more... once ive got a tube bar on it with a front lokka installed i'll be stoked

Yeah they were mud terrains so not much surface on the road. My shorty had 4" coils 2" body and the 35's. it did have 6" coils originally but it wasn't as capable off road as it was with the standard suspension. To top heavy. It had 33" full extension of rear travel so she could climb anything. It's a bitch someone stole it. Growing fond of the Nav tho. Most hard core tracks are closed now anyway.

How far away are you from Goondiwindi. Total care diesel service can re map the steinbauer module. I saw a doco on the guy who runs the place and he seems to know his stuff. Just google (total care diesel) and their sites pop up.
Could be something to look into.

Cheers.

If you are chasing a full customized chip youll can go unichip or hks f-con. Hks are doing some sweet stuff on the hiluxs heaps of videos on YouTube.

Latest posts

Back