e locker front and rear

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive been reading all the posts and love all the info from Rusty, i might have a silly Q tho lol
so can you turn the lokker off and on when you need it? when it is off can you still use 4 hi and low like normal? can you have the hubs locked in but still travel in 2wd?

Ive been reading all the posts and love all the info from Rusty, i might have a silly Q tho lol
so can you turn the lokker off and on when you need it? when it is off can you still use 4 hi and low like normal? can you have the hubs locked in but still travel in 2wd?

Totally mate. When switched off it acts as a normal 4wd open centre and then when locked it's a locked centre. I wouldn't go flicking it on and off in 4hi but it does work while still moving in 4low.

Yes you can use it in 2Hi, 4Hi and 4Low. If the hubs are engage and travelling on a hard surface id unlock the front diff otherwise you will do some damage.

The locker is designed to be engaed at crawling speeds (5km/h) I personally only enage mine up to 20km/h and on level terrain while the nav is in a straight line.

nice price indeed ! just brought one from harrop in Melbourne for $1500 ! quoted $1000 to $1100 to install it by A certain well known 4x4 dealer in Wonthaggi hahaha ok ARB ? I don't think so !
picked up both bearings 3 seals and 2 o rings from Dandenong Nissan for $140 ARB quoted $300 !
I intend to pull the diff out and fit the locker with a friend that builds hot rods for a slab of his favourite swill... I will keep you posted on what's involved to fit it and will take notes and photos of the centre fit for you guys ! As the front diff has never done any miles I wouldn't think shimming will be needed- it will be interesting to see if it does though! cheers and bears Vic

nice price indeed ! just brought one from harrop in Melbourne for $1500 ! quoted $1000 to $1100 to install it by A certain well known 4x4 dealer in Wonthaggi hahaha ok ARB ? I don't think so !
picked up both bearings 3 seals and 2 o rings from Dandenong Nissan for $140 ARB quoted $300 !
I intend to pull the diff out and fit the locker with a friend that builds hot rods for a slab of his favourite swill... I will keep you posted on what's involved to fit it and will take notes and photos of the centre fit for you guys ! As the front diff has never done any miles I wouldn't think shimming will be needed- it will be interesting to see if it does though! cheers and bears Vic

That will be a great thread mate look forward to reading it, Did you know we have a $990 voucher to spend on any HARROP/EATON E-LOCKER in our Muster Raffle??

Your thread may be usefull for the winner or you could win it and grab one for the Rear of your rig? $5 a ticket or 5 for $20 click here to to grab some

==

Latest posts

Back