EBAY Fender Flares, your thoughts?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jms86

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Hope you all had a lovely christmas and relaxing into the new year. I came across these fender flares for a D40, they look ok but would like to know if anyone has them or seen something similar. Thought id run it past you boys before doing the big dip into the pocket, thanks in advance.

Heres the ebay link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nissan-Nava...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2586120a2b

39xj.jpg

first impressions are thats what im after!!!
However if you notice the front flares,
If you have a bullbar it wont marry up as nice as the picture, and im guessing would require some modification to the flares...
If thats easy to overcome Hell I think ill join you in a purchase

first impressions are thats what im after!!!
However if you notice the front flares,
If you have a bullbar it wont marry up as nice as the picture, and im guessing would require some modification to the flares...
If thats easy to overcome Hell I think ill join you in a purchase

Yeah you'd definitely have to do some cutting at the front, ive sent a message out to the seller asking how much more room from stock it provides. Cause its hard from the picture to gauge how much it is, hoping its around the 50mm mark. They ask for you to send a picture of your vehicle in, some im assuming they use a common fibreglass mold but custom it if you need a cut for a snorkel etc etc.

They look fantastic but I think I have seen a thread on club frontier where they suggested they need a fair bit of fettling to make fit properly. Do a search Im sure you will dig it up. I must say I'm a fan of them though.

They look fantastic but I think I have seen a thread on club frontier where they suggested they need a fair bit of fettling to make fit properly. Do a search Im sure you will dig it up. I must say I'm a fan of them though.

cheers bud for the heads up, i shall have a look :rock:

That's almost what I want for my car. I want to change offset so that the tyres stick out by about 20mm to 30mm each side, so I was going to make up a set of flares from 3/4oz fibreglass myself, because I didn't know about these.

So, make my own, or spend $700 ... with Christmas just gone, I'm thinking more along the lines of the D-I-Y job. Then I need to work out - do I want 20mm wider, 30m or 40mm on each side? I'm not changing wheel or tyre size, just offset. According to the regs, I can fiddle with the offset as much as I like as long as I don't use spacers.

That's almost what I want for my car. I want to change offset so that the tyres stick out by about 20mm to 30mm each side, so I was going to make up a set of flares from 3/4oz fibreglass myself, because I didn't know about these.

So, make my own, or spend $700 ... with Christmas just gone, I'm thinking more along the lines of the D-I-Y job. Then I need to work out - do I want 20mm wider, 30m or 40mm on each side? I'm not changing wheel or tyre size, just offset. According to the regs, I can fiddle with the offset as much as I like as long as I don't use spacers.

yeah its a bad time of the year for the old wallet, but i much rather pay 700 then for me to attempt anything to do with fibreglassing lol, im not the best at it.

yeah its a bad time of the year for the old wallet, but i much rather pay 700 then for me to attempt anything to do with fibreglassing lol, im not the best at it.

I can't say I've out-glassed Quintrex either, but the wallet is smarting rather badly especially with some of the repairs needed to this place.

Hey Guys,

I have a set of those flares here in Sydney... A client brought them in and to fit up to his Navara and didn't end up installing them... a bit too flimsy and rough for his liking.

A lot of resin, and not a lot of glass in them. They are quite a dry/brittle type of fibreglass.

They are also sprayed with a textured coating which hides a lot of imperfections in the flares, so if you plan on colour coding them you'll have A LOT of work filling and sanding to do on them to get them half decent. We know this because our painter spent a few days on them trying to get them looking half decent.

They will crack pretty easy if they get a hard enough hit... So if you wheel your truck and it cops knocks and bumps I'd probably give them a wide berth.

The better alternative would be the Bushwacker flares that are available for the Frontier in the US. They are ABS plastic from memory.

If there is sufficient demand we could produce a similar type flare in fibreglass for the Navara like we do for the Hilux and 80 Series... The cost would be around $995 for a set of raw flares delivered to most places... We could run a group buy for around $850 a set to kick it off if we got 5 firm orders.

We would need a lend of a Dual Cab Navara in Sydney for 2-3 days to set up the molds... You'd get them for $500 for your troubles.

This photo shows the extra width we built into the Hilux flares over the standard items a smooth flare which is either glued or bolted on from a inner flange on the flare...

P2120194.jpg

These are the wider 80 Series Flares we do... these are a straight bolt on item...

photo1-37_zpsbbe8059e.jpg

Here you can see how we have tapered the front flares to suit most bullbars... not an exact match for every bar, but close enough to work with all the various bars out there.

photo2-34_zps203b423a.jpg

Sorry to hijack the thread... but just thought I'd pass on some personal experience with these flares.

Cheers,
Matt

cheers monster for the heads up, id love to help you out with the test truck but im over on the west coast. Those hilux flares of yours look awesome almost makes it look stock. Hope you can drum up enough interest in the navara flares cause id be very interested in purchasing some for sure. I checked out those bushwacker ones but to my knowledge they only extend out half an inch, is that correct? Cause im looking for 50-60mm. Thanks again for your knowledge, much appreciated.

I have a contact that can custom make these in fibreglass or plastic depending on what you guys would like and cost.

Maker is local to me (sydney)and does all my body work on my performance cars etc. All work is custom and can is made to specifications. I can find out if people are keen but will be in the new year off course. I will prob go ahead with a set for my self anyway as i want 32/33s on my car

I'd be interested. If the plastic ones are flexible enough to take bush, they'd be the ones I'd look at although a few scratches in fibreglass isn't anything to cry about so if everyone's going glass that's what I'll do too (I was going to use fibreglass myself, but if someone else gets to do it before me, more power to them).

I'm gonna bump this thread....

Are the Bushwacker flares available in Oz at all, or can someone recommend a US website to get them thru??

navaranewb - Mosnster rides - i`m in Sydney and would love a set just for the front of my D22 (i know youi were looking at a D40 though) would be able to lend the ute to them for a few days if required if i can arrange a time that suits them and myself, ill be losing the tub soon though as im going custom make a flat bed type steel tray. a set the same as the above crusier would be perfect with an extra 50mm a side.
Anyways offer is there

Cheers Steve

Latest posts

Back