ECM Codes

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siringo

Reaction score
Im getting the following flashes on my MI after doing an ECU reset, not even sure if that worked, as the codes/flashes were the same before and after. Anyway, I get 1 round of 10 slow flashes, then 3 rounds of 10 fast flashes.

Anyone have any ideas????

You've entered into a diagnostic mode. The first group of flashes is done slowly (0.6sec per flash) and after 1.2sec pauses, the subsequent 3 groups are of 0.3sec duration. This means you can identify the first digit - the slow flashes.

A group of 10 flashes indicates the number '0'. Four zeroes indicates NO malfunction.

Nothing to worry about, turn it off and back on again it SHOULD stop flashing. If it doesn't then it might need to have the battery unplugged (and brake pedal pressed) or if THAT doesn't work then maybe the ECU itself has an issue.

Yep, thanks Tony.
The flashing does go away after I turn it off and back on.
Good to know this ECM stuff.

how did you get it entered into a diagnostic mode?
is there a way to do this without a scan tool?

(Resetting the Nissan 2.5 ECU)

You will need to follow the procedure below fairly carefully and precisely and ONLY whilst engine is hot so that the “relearn” is completed without engine being in cold start/run mode.

If at first you don’t succeed, try again. You will get it with practice. Remember that these instructions are very precise and we suggest, to be accurate, you use a watch with a seconds hand.

Before you start, confirm throttle pedal is fully released.

Turn ignition on [wait 3 seconds]

Then pump accelerator 5 times [this needs to be done within 5 seconds]

At the 15 seconds point hold accelerator down for 10 seconds

At time ~ 25 seconds MIL lamp flashes.

Hold down accelerator for more than 10 seconds.

Release accelerator and expect to see flashing CEL. 10 flashes [pause] x 4

10 flashes equal “0”. So 10 flashes x 4 = 0000 which equals ZERO CODES.

Latest posts

Back