Egr blanking plate

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim79

Reaction score
Hi
Just picked up my new 2013 str navara. Pictures to follow in updates but just wanting to know where to buy the egr blanking plate to suit my vehicle. eBay has different shape plates to supposedly fit my model, just a bit confused.
Cheers for your help
Tim

Gday.....

most make them, 'Chipit' sells them..
also do a search...there is a large thread on egr blanking plates here allready...

Welcome to the forum!

With a recent model vehicle you do have to worry if Nissan included a flow sensor in the EGR valve. If you blank it completely and it throws a Check Engine Light you'll have to drill a 4-6mm hole in the middle of the plate. If you make the plate yourself, use stainless steel and NOT aluminium.

Checking the other threads (look at the sticked threads at the top) will provide you with a wealth of info.

Thanks for the reply's I might try making myself, just hope I don't void my warranty.
Cheers Tim

I just done 2 mine and a mates , I've got a 2012 stx king cab and it uses the series 3 ( old shape one , his 2012 st duel cab uses the series 4 current egg / oval shaped one , nether mine or his threw engine codes and were fully blanked off , both vehicles were build late 2012 and sold as current models , both plates are available on ebay and you will see what i mean about the shaes , mines the one with the " ears "

had mine blanked in my 09 D22 for about 8 months now. made my own just took the metal gasket out and cut some stainless scrap i had at work to size.

had my mates follow me round the block an up the freeway on a big hill, nil smoke at all on take off and nothing powering up the freeway hills.

easy as....

do it yourself, pretty easy if you got a drill and a dremel

11t1xcg.jpg

Thanks for the reply's I might try making myself, just hope I don't void my warranty.
Cheers Tim

i would be buying a scanguage /ultraguage before fitting so if you get a code you can clear it also i would fit it without the hole in it as mine only throws a engine light if its cold and just idling up the street 3 times in 4 months so will get to know what not to do and not have a problem

Latest posts

Back