EGR/Butterfly Mod Super Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Done this mod. Don't feel the difference at all

must not have done this correctly, not having a go at your mechanical skills, just saying, i noticed shit loads of difference,
ie: no black smoke on take off, no bogging down, better faster response, better acceleration, the temp needle is cooler by about 2 mm. just under halfway now.

I never had any of those issues to start... Haha it's as basic as they come but I just haven't noticed a difference. Already got yd25 snorkel and no exahaust so that might be why

Hey guys. Started to do the egr and the first bolt decided to snap in half when I was loosening it. Any ideas of how to get the rest of the bolt out?

Has it snapped off clean or is there some left protruding from the housing? If so you might get it with a good vice grip. Other wise an easy out, may be the answer. You punch the centre and drill it according to the size of the easy out.

Thanks for your reply. Nah not protruding, snapped half way down the bolt. What is an easy out? Man that sounded like a dumb question. Was guessing drilling was going to be an option. Was hoping there was another way.

To be honest, I only watched about the first 5 seconds. This computer is buggered & the videos spend much more time buffering than playing. Hope the bolt comes out ok for you Nathan.

How much extra spool sound are people getting with this mod? I get noise from about 600rpm through till 2000rpm and then it is quiet.

Hey guys i am sorry for repeating things already said on this thread but i just want to sure i have put the plate in the correct place :)
Cheers for your help

Attachments

• egr.jpg
    egr.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 744
I plan on doing this mod soon. And seeing as I cant quite justify the cost of tools i would need / not need but would 100% buy for the froth factor, i decided to purchase a plate from a bloke in the UK. Got it from here if anyone is in a similar boat to me.

I just got a plate from this bloke. So cheap, not worth my time making one. Will be fitting it in the next few days.

Did this mod just yesterday, and Yeah a slight power increase at low revs, but I think the real benefit is not putting that crap through the air intake.
Tip – the vac lines attached to the T-pieces are very tight (maybe even glued) I had to cut them off, but there is enough slack in the other lines to replace them.
Stop putting it off like I did for years and just do it.

stockstandard said:
I plan on doing this mod soon. And seeing as I cant quite justify the cost of tools i would need / not need but would 100% buy for the froth factor, i decided to purchase a plate from a bloke in the UK. Got it from here if anyone is in a similar boat to me.

Thanks for the link mate, just ordered mine then

Just did mine then...took 30 mins max. Better acceleration and better take off from first and second. Definitely better roll on speed from low km/h in 3rd and 4th. Just need to see how the fuel economy goes i guess.

Latest posts

Back