EGR/Butterfly Mod Super Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
d22 2.5cr egd mod

hi guys im wanting to do the egr mod on the 2.5cr is there and vacum lines or manifold butterflys to disconnect on the 2.5cr engine.???
any info would be great..

cheers wassy

Does the blanking plate have to be stainless steel? Iv got some 2mm gal sheet, some 2mm alluminium and some colour-bond lying around but no stainless. Was thinking the colourbond, altho the thinnest material, would be the most impervious to corrosion next to s/s being essentialy powdercoated gal steel?

Last edited:
Has anyone done this that's in the Newcastle area as I know fuck all about diesel engines and would like to do the mod but am not confident in doing this myself

hey guys,

Can someone put up a pick of what you need to do to the swirl control valve, I've done the EGR but don't quite understand what the go is with the swirl control valve.

On another note I know from reading the thread that the turbo works harder, when I did this I now get an obvious turbo whistle from 1600 - over 2000 rpms, is this normal or have I got a leak?

first post in this thread has a pic of it. just unplug the brown (first) solinoid.

attachment.php

spent today doing the egr mod. seems to go a bit quicker off the mark but ill be inte3rested to see how much less diesal it uses. i get 650km to a tank b4 the light comes on. lets see if i can take it up to 700 b4 the light.

Yeh, the hose swap is all done, I just wasn't too sure abt the swirl valve. All done now though. Cheers again Tweak'e

i ended up taking thye pipe off. and rearranging the caccum lines. had to go to sydney for a work meeting which is 135km 95mins each way. boost didnt seem to come on earlier. fuel didnt really change still around the 11.8ltr/100kms but the torque certainly changed./ seemed to pull harder lower in the rev range. down round the 1500rpm mark.so im happy with the mod i did. cheers guys

Just did this at home took about 20minutes.. Question for yas
Do you need to disconnect the wiring to the EGR solenoid???
As that is what I did?? Was I correct in doin that

Just finished taking the car for a drive and all I can say it WOW you can notice the difference much better throttle response. No turbo lag extremely happy with the out come

Just did this at home took about 20minutes.. Question for yas
Do you need to disconnect the wiring to the EGR solenoid???
As that is what I did?? Was I correct in doin that

unplugging the egr solenoid is fine as its no long er in use and afaik the ecu doesn't check to see if its working.

however you still need to swap the hoses around otherwise the shutoff butterfly will not work.

tweak'e said:
unplugging the egr solenoid is fine as its no long er in use and afaik the ecu doesn't check to see if its working.

however you still need to swap the hoses around otherwise the shutoff butterfly will not work.

Cheers tweak'e
I did swap the hoses around just was confused about disconnecting the solenoid as I couldn't find it anywhere that people have done that.

Can any one help me find the link to the diagrams of how to do the vac lines and swirl mods pls I have done the egr plate mod only
Thanks boxhd

Thanks tweake mine is a2.5 nav 08model which pipes do I need to swap over and is ther a diagram of it pls

Thanks tweake mine is a2.5 nav 08model which pipes do I need to swap over and is ther a diagram of it pls

try reading the threads on this. the 2.5 model is already mentioned. afaik no butterfly to disable so no pipes to swap over.

Thanks tweake sorry to be a pain still learning wow done the plate it made a bi diff

Latest posts

Back