EGR mod on 2011+ yd25?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subtram

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have been reading as much as I can about the EGR mod on the 2.5L D22s, I have just bought a 2011 model with 35,000kms.
From what I have read, I am convinced that it makes sense to do, but for the life of me, I can't find a post by someone who has specifically mentioned doing this on a newish model.
The reason I ask is that I read somewhere (not this forum) that the EGR blanking plate works well for pre 2011 models. They didn't go on to say what the procedure is with 2011+ however.
My question is, can it be done on my ute or is there ECU issues of some kind?
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere and I have missed it.
Regards,
Matt.

No issues I have heard of, the D40's have a EGR flow sensor of some sort that causes alot of them to go into limp mode but the D22 should still be fine to block the EGR system off completely.

Great, thanks for the replies and the link to the related thread. It sounds like inserting the plate on the right hand side of the EGR (as one faces the front of the car) is the more popular method but that it may not matter a whole lot either way.

This blanking plate on ebay threw me little though...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/EGR-Blan...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c34194be2

It looks like a different shape to the round versions I have seen.
Oh well, I'm sure I'll work out something either way.
I'm hoping my rattle-like noise i get at quite low revs (as the accelerator is just pressed while driving in gear) will ease up after this. From what I understand the EGR is open from just above idle and up until high revs when it shuts again, kinda when my noise happens. May be wishful thinking though...
Will update with observations once mod is done.
Again, thanks for advice.

Latest posts

Back