EGR mod on d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
have had mine in for a couple of weeks now, cant really comment on fuel economy but had reduced the turbo lag in 1st by a great deal, power seems more broad in each gear no big surges when you hit the 2000-2200rpm range.

Just started a full tank of diesel since I've put in the plate. So far so good, I've managed 400km on half a tank just city driving! Have road tyres and maybe about 50kg in the tray.

One thing I've noticed is that because there is noticeably less lag, I've found myself shifting slightly earlier than I normally do and not needing to rev so much. So I think the improvement is in the plate as well as driving style.

i have done it. was having trouble and getting engine codes for egr come up all the time so i blocked it off and haven't had one since plus less turbo lag which is always a good thing!!

I did my egr blanking plate today and it does not go any better I reckon. I'll see how my fuel goes I was getting 12-13l per 100

i'd just like to say that my old man is very jealous of my egr block not throwing any codes, his triton is constantly throwing codes since we put it in and they're most often different each time, half of them don't even make sense, it's getting to the point where he wants to take it out.
he shoulda got a nav!
he actually test drove one and loved it but the seller wouldn't drop the price as much as he wanted... would have been worthwhile i reckon.

Drill a 4-6mm hole in the centre of his block plate. The newer cars (2011+ Navaras too) have a EG detector in the EGR valve body. Some EGR is required to avoid triggering it.

Did mine today... After reading all 31 pages there were more +ve's than -ve's so I thought bugger it. Hopefully going on the Vic members day out so will see how it goes on the drive there then offload.

Iv been driving my car all week to work I tow a tandem trailer that I load around a tone of shit in the back since I put the egr plate in I don't even no the trailer is on the car. Befor I had the plate in taking of on a hill I would have to ride the clutch to get it going now it takes of sweet as very happy with it.

In the end its just a $10-$20 piece of steel plate ( PM JJohn on forum he makes them)if it doesnt make any difference its only 2 bolts to put it in and pull it out

Probably a stupid question, but is there anyway nissan can find out I've put this plate in when it goes in for servicing? Or do people take it out when going for service?

Probably a stupid question, but is there anyway nissan can find out I've put this plate in when it goes in for servicing? Or do people take it out when going for service?

If you're worried you could do only the inlet end. Its a 5 Min job to get it out each time.

Thanks. That's was my plan. Just have to remember to do it before I take it in. I got the plate you sent today as well.

Nissan dealers do the servicing by the book. That means they just follow instructions on a sheet - they aren't supposed to deviate.

And looking in your exhaust to see if you've got a blockage is only something a deviate would do (or a proctologist, but let's not spoil the pun here).

Mine's been in for ages and they've not noticed.

What the boy's have said is true.
My plates are laser cut to the same shape as the gasket so it is very hard to see.

Put the plate in the other day. Hasn't done anything to the feel of the car. Still has turbo lag as it did before. Not sure if it's coz it only has 1400km on it?

With 1400km on it the engine is still bloody clean inside and it's still VERY tight. That'd have to have some impact on the apparent effects. I don't know if the running-in program on the ECU would exclude EGR.

Latest posts

Back