Egr plates

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pseretis01

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm eating to block the egr on my d22 2.5 nav. I was watching YouTube video on installing egr plate to block egr. The video i watched had 2 plates.
My questions are
1) is 1 plate enough?
2) where is the best place to order/buy them from?
3) is there a write up on the forum for the d22 2.5 as I couldn't find one?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have a d-22 / 2.5 litre cr and have blocked off the EGR valve at the egr unit end [ drivers side ] yes you only need to block off one side. you can buy these from Ebay for around $12 and are made from stainless steel and do look identical to the stock plate gasket shape when fitted. the plate you want do not have a hole in the center its a total block off plate. fitting this gasket looking item [ blocking plate ] is very simple and only takes around 15 minutes to do. if you can,t find a how to on this forum try google [ nissan navara d-22 egr block off plate install ]

i have a d-22 / 2.5 litre cr and have blocked off the EGR valve at the egr unit end [ drivers side ] yes you only need to block off one side. you can buy these from Ebay for around $12 and are made from stainless steel and do look identical to the stock plate gasket shape when fitted. the plate you want do not have a hole in the center its a total block off plate. fitting this gasket looking item [ blocking plate ] is very simple and only takes around 15 minutes to do. if you can,t find a how to on this forum try google [ nissan navara d-22 egr block off plate install ]

Thanks Jonney
That's what threw me off the difference shapes. And some videos showed 2 plates gasket shape and diamond shape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, I blocked both ends of mine. That way if the egr cooler ever fails it won't dump coolant either into the inlet manifold or the turbine side of the turbo and out the exhaust... The blocking plates will keep it contained within the egr cooler....

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back