egt and boost gauges off ebay?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't have them, don't need them, but that's because my car has part of that data available in the ECU. Yours may not - so the gauges will come in handy. Getting the temp gauge semi-calibrated by comparing its reading with an infra-red reading would be beneficial so that you can place a little more reliance on the readout.

They could be fine, personally I'd cast an eye over the local auto parts supplier first and see what they had - for example, I found this boost gauge on SCA. They didn't have an EGT gauge, but I'm sure a little more investigation would turn up something where there's a bricks and mortar you can turn to for warranty.

Its all just guestimates when your taking the readings post turbo anyway, so the gauge accuracy will only be half the battle won.

I would personally use autron gauges over most others simply for their warning buzzer, display colour change and the fact that they are made in australia.

Don't have them, don't need them, but that's because my car has part of that data available in the ECU. Yours may not - so the gauges will come in handy. Getting the temp gauge semi-calibrated by comparing its reading with an infra-red reading would be beneficial so that you can place a little more reliance on the readout.

They could be fine, personally I'd cast an eye over the local auto parts supplier first and see what they had - for example, I found this boost gauge on SCA. They didn't have an EGT gauge, but I'm sure a little more investigation would turn up something where there's a bricks and mortar you can turn to for warranty.

Does that ecu info come out on the eBay scan gauges? As in exhaust temp and boost?

Not sure on the exhaust temp, I haven't been able to find the PID for those, but boost sure - the D40 reads that off the sensor near the outlet of the intercooler.

I use a bluetooth OBD adapter and Torque software for my Android phone to do it. Tried that on a D22 (2006 model) - it didn't work, probably the OBD port wasn't a standard one, and I doubt the 2005 would be either - that's why I didn't suggest that as an alternative here.

Latest posts

Back