EGT Gauge VS Chip It EGT Module

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yammysj

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking at purchasing a Chip It diesel chip with the EGT add on.
Only problem is i'm not much of a fan of the look of the Chip It EGT Module, I have searched this forum front to back on seeing where people have been installing these.

Couldn't find a lot for the D40.

Instead of purchasing this for the extra $350 I thought about installing gauge pod and putting a boost gauge in at the same time, similar cost with a better install.

Only problem I can see is that an aftermarket EGT Gauge will only have a Audible Alarm at best which will require the driver to back off the throttle where as the Chip It EGT Module automatically detunes the engine to allow the EGT's to return to a safe level without having to take you foot of the throttle.

I guess if I find a gauge that has an output to signal to the chip then this may function in the same way as the Chip It EGT module.

Let me know your thoughts/ideas, what you have used and if it works well...

Cheers

Jaycar sell a pyrometer kit for about $90 that might in fact be the guts of the ChipIt module. It can be set to activate a relay when a certain temperature is reached. The Jaycar unit's intention was probably for an audible alarm, but in the ChipIt device they might take the input to switch off the performance modifications and return the engine to "factory" operation.

Yeah Jayco kit would be the go as long as the chip just requires a 12V input to trigger the detune, would be good if I could hook a EGT Gauge to the Jaycar kit as well for a visual indicator instead of using the LCD screen.

Just need someone with some electronics smarts, I only play with 12V upto 500,000V,

Once you have felt your Nav going up a hill and the power just getting cut off half way up, and always when your trying to overtake it will send you bonkers.

I would probably prefer to have an egt gauge instead so you can balance the temps rather than have the power cutting in and out.

I don't run my Tunit thru the Auber EGT gauge, but when it hits the alarm temp at 720 a warning light comes on. Near enough to idiot proof.

Diesel Tuner, you have had this happen I'm guessing... I would rather a round 2" gauge then the Auber style setup, has anyone got any pic's of mounting the Auber/Chip It style EGT gauge??
Maybe manual intervention would be better

I originally had one mounted in the spare slot in the dash but when i got the second one i mounted them as per the pic. Their advantage is you can run multiple probes of the same type thru one gauge . I have one either side of the turbo and can switch between them while driving.

Attachments

• IMG_7506.jpg
    IMG_7506.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 792

Latest posts

Back