Egt gauge

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparra

Reaction score
Hey fella's...In preperation for my chip I am looking for an EGT Gauge...I went to a local fella and they want over $400.00 for one...Just wondering what brand everyone else has and are the cheaper Ebay ones just as good as the expensive ones???

Cheers...Sparra

I think I paid $265 delivered for a VDO gauge, from south australia. Diesel tech or something, I just googled VDO egt gauge prices. The probes with the cheaper ones con be a little less accurate and take longer to give a true reading as the temps change/fluctuate. Hope that helps.

Just the basic chipit one sparra a few weeks ago someone got the same one at a quater of the price from overseas on ebay also beaudesert have an adapter to fit the probe that goes into that bolt in the dump what chip did you decide on?.

Thanks for the reply's..I have ordered a chipexpress chip...I'll let you know how it goes when I get it...The prices for the EGT Gauge vary that much and a lot of the time there is not much difference in quality between them...

Cheers...Sparra

Hey Sparra I bought a set of Depo racing gauges off of the Aus auto warehouse a few wks ago. $300 for both EGT and Boost 60mm, there a really good quality gauge with good japanese stepper motors and they have analog and digital reading as well. Had them fitted to my pillar on friday by opposite lock and after that I had my Nav dyno'd and the gauges were perfectly accurate

I've got two of these,one for intake temp and another for exhaust temps. I have two probes in the exhaust, one before the turbo and one after, connected to a single display thru a switch with multiple on positions.

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_26&products_id=230

Yep ive got an auber in mine as well cost me $150 posted from the state's with a sealed egt probe and weld on fitting. Also it fits perfect in the small card slot in the dash with a bit or trimming.

Yep ive got an auber in mine as well cost me $150 posted from the state's with a sealed egt probe and weld on fitting. Also it fits perfect in the small card slot in the dash with a bit or trimming.

Any chance of getting a photo of where you fitted it so I can see how it looks. Cheers.

Sorry about the poor quality pic but the auber gauge fits nicely. All I did was cut a hole in the back of the pocket so the gauge can pass through as its longer than the pocket but only buy about 5mm. Makes it easier to wire up as well.

Attachments

• auber.jpg
    auber.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 213
Yeah they are quite compact perfect for mounting in the dash. Whilst were on the subject of egt gauges I finally got around to wiring mine tonight but am wondering where people have passed there thermo couples through the firewall? I want to mount mine through the passenger side but am having trouble finding a suitable grommet other than the ac drain tube which is a bit tight. Where have others passed there's through?

On the passenger side under the bonnet hinge (where the ABSis if you have it. You should have a big rubber grommet that the standard harness runs thru. I ran my UHF cable thru that one. I just poked a hole in it with a hot soldering iron. You can also get access thru a plate bolted near the clutch slave cylinder. I removed mine and drilled three hold in it and added loom tube clips you can get from Jaycar.

image-1029038286.jpg

Like this one only nowhere near as big. Then when I used all them holes up I drilled a hole just across from that plate next to the steering shaft and fitted one of them loom tube grommets. I can post some pics of the positions if you need them.

Cheers.

I am running AutoMeter. They seem to have a bit of a bad rep, not sure why, they seem pretty good.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AUTOMETER-SPORT-COMP-METRIC-PYROMETER-EGT-GAUGE-3344-M-/260444972061

I also have the boost gauge: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automete...d=100011&prg=1005&rk=5&rkt=5&sd=190867342736&

I got mine off Amazon a couple of years ago, the dollar was strong, so good deals. Shop around.

I have just mounted mine to the plastic via supplied screws. Doesn't look as good as a proper pod mount though which is on my list.

Latest posts

Back